• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Saw the trailer earlier this afternoon. I’ll 100% be seeing it. I mean, a movie about the most badass woman in American history, who ALSO happens to be a gun-toting republican. Count me in.

Man should this woman be on the $20 bill. That would have been so awesome.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Though it might be anatomically correct, isn't it a bit racist and sexist to have a black woman playing the role of a black woman?

We all just get scolded by a popular [STRIKE]actress[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]actor[/STRIKE] acting person that anyone should be able to play any person, or any tree, or any animal. So it's presumptuous in this ever changing climate to overlook better qualified white-male actors looking for that breakout role?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you've ever seen the movie "Sounder," you know that role was made for Cicely Tyson. Too bad she's too old to have been a consideration.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll say the same thing about this one that I did about the new Mr. Rogers movie- It's a great story, I hope they don't screw it up.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I just got back from seeing this. If you have any interest at all... GO!

It was excellent, one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. We, me most certainly included, often complain about how Hollywood treats different subjects, but not this time. I can't claim to be a Harriet Tubman expert, but I read the Wikipedia page about her and there is nothing in the movie that deviates from it and only a couple of things left out. Obviously, there are details and things like dialogue that no one can possibly know for sure, but the overall feel of the movie rings true. The treatment of her visions and religious convictions was outstanding. I have no complaints at all, I wouldn't change a thing in it.

I hope to find a good biography of her after seeing this, I need to learn more.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Though it might be anatomically correct, isn't it a bit racist and sexist to have a black woman playing the role of a black woman?

We all just get scolded by a popular [STRIKE]actress[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]actor[/STRIKE] acting person that anyone should be able to play any person, or any tree, or any animal. So it's presumptuous in this ever changing climate to overlook better qualified white-male actors looking for that breakout role?
    I mean, you ain’t wrong. I think Tom Hanks would make an excellent Harriet, and I’ve often thought John Good,an would make a great Rosa Parks too.

Top Bottom