Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Master happygunner's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Profiling or not

    All I can say is wow. Dunno the whole story but the convo gives me a headache.


    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...udent_outside/

  2. #2
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by happygunner View Post
    All I can say is wow. Dunno the whole story but the convo gives me a headache.


    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...udent_outside/

    That was painful. As you mentioned, we don't know the whole story, but the audio makes that cop who is speaking seem like a huge a-hole.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  3. #3
    Grandmaster femurphy77's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Without the full conversation it's not worth listening to. We all know how easy it is to manipulate audio to serve a purpose. Of course a LARGE percentage of the populations is EASILY swayed by rumors and innuendo.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

    What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

  4. #4
    Master Brad69's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I am not a LEO but I would like to hear from our INGO LEO dudes on how they would have handled that situation.
    U.S. Army retired

  5. #5
    Sharpshooter KMaC's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The poster of the video is exaggerating the events to get views and outrage. He uses the title Officer pulling out his gun on a student outside his dorm but I see no evidence that the officer actually pulled a gun. The student frequently says "you have your hand on your gun" but he doesn't say anything about the gun being out of the holster. I think the student would have been really outraged if the cop had pulled a gun over a trepass.

  6. #6
    Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    VUPDblue's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Iím not real sure what the purpose of the stop and detention was. Ok, so trespass is a problem there, but trespass itself isnít usually the issue, itís what those trespassers are doing thatís generally the problem (harassing residents, smoking, drinking, pan handling etc...). This dude was picking up trash with tools commonly associated with that task. Also, I was in college once, and my ID absolutely did not have my dorm address on it...I donít think anyone I knew then had their college address on their ID.

    This encounter, or the part the video shows, doesnít seem to pass the reasonableness test we got from Graham vs. Connor. The nature and quality of the intrusion vs the government interest at stake. Unless there is more info, like a 911 call that brings the officer to that location because the suspect was being complained against for doing something I might have mentioned above, it doesnít seem like he should have been detained at taser point.

    All I am saying is that if the officer created this encounter on his own then I canít see a logical reason for it. There are a lot of context clues that the dude was not breaking the law.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

    Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!



    Rules of the INGO Classifieds

    INGO rules of conduct

    INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  7. #7
    Master Hoosierdood's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    Without the full conversation it's not worth listening to. We all know how easy it is to manipulate audio to serve a purpose. Of course a LARGE percentage of the populations is EASILY swayed by rumors and innuendo.
    Come on dude, are you really serious here? What more of the conversation do you need? What part of the conversation do you suspect is being manipulated? The actions and body language seem to go right along with the video. I dont understand what part of the video is difficult to believe.

    The thing that blows my mind (not necessarily directed at you) is that whenever a short video or audio clip of some politician surfaces, everyone jumps on it, Glenn Beck does a whole radio show on it, and it goes viral on social media with people calling for heads to roll. But whenever it is a cop, (around here at least) we get the response of "Well, we dont know the whole story. Lets not be too quick to judge". How about we just start being reasonable and call a spade a spade.

  8. #8
    Master Hoosierdood's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    And this is precisely how a good cop would have approached the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    Iím not real sure what the purpose of the stop and detention was. Ok, so trespass is a problem there, but trespass itself isnít usually the issue, itís what those trespassers are doing thatís generally the problem (harassing residents, smoking, drinking, pan handling etc...). This dude was picking up trash with tools commonly associated with that task. Also, I was in college once, and my ID absolutely did not have my dorm address on it...I donít think anyone I knew then had their college address on their ID.

    This encounter, or the part the video shows, doesnít seem to pass the reasonableness test we got from Graham vs. Connor. The nature and quality of the intrusion vs the government interest at stake. Unless there is more info, like a 911 call that brings the officer to that location because the suspect was being complained against for doing something I might have mentioned above, it doesnít seem like he should have been detained at taser point.

    All I am saying is that if the officer created this encounter on his own then I canít see a logical reason for it. There are a lot of context clues that the dude was not breaking the law.

  9. #9
    Master happygunner's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    What was laughable was the way thr LEO described the reacher as "blunt object" while calling for back up. The reacher is commonly used by older people in the nursing home.

  10. #10
    Grandmaster femurphy77's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdood View Post
    Come on dude, are you really serious here? What more of the conversation do you need? What part of the conversation do you suspect is being manipulated? The actions and body language seem to go right along with the video. I dont understand what part of the video is difficult to believe.

    The thing that blows my mind (not necessarily directed at you) is that whenever a short video or audio clip of some politician surfaces, everyone jumps on it, Glenn Beck does a whole radio show on it, and it goes viral on social media with people calling for heads to roll. But whenever it is a cop, (around here at least) we get the response of "Well, we dont know the whole story. Lets not be too quick to judge". How about we just start being reasonable and call a spade a spade.
    My fault. I did not listen to it, just tired of incendiary recordings only meant to trigger responses. I read Rhino's post (not blaming the purple pachy) and "ass"umed it was strictly audio with no video. Video is definitely a lot harder to manipulate without being obvious.

    I'll make a donation to Moms Needing Some Action to atone for my sins.

    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

    What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge