• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    At least 5 people tried to rob Indy Trading Post, which is being remodeled and doesn't have any guns in it. An hour later at 4:15 AM Saturday morning they robbed Element Armorment in New Whiteland and got away with 13 long guns, 20 hand guns, and 2 silencers. They did find one of the guns in a ditched car and are processing the car.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Lets hurry up and blame the retailers. Lock them in a safe at night!!! It’s your own fault. Damn I feel better

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There are stores that are easy targets. I'm not going to point them out and surely wouldn't want the headache of wondering if or when.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I hope they find them and get a federal charge for each one. Plus the 2 burglarys. 5 people in one car, hair and prints and cigarette butts. Car may have gps.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Not robbed, burgled. Or burglarized if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Burglary occurs when a person enters a building for the purpose of committing a theft. Robbery is when an assailant forces or threatens to force another person to give up something.

Either way, it sucks for the business.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Lets hurry up and blame the retailers. Lock them in a safe at night!!! It’s your own fault. Damn I feel better 

I don't know anything about this case, but why wouldn't a gun store own take every logical precaution to protect their store? Sometimes there's nothing more the store could have reasonably done, sometimes the stores are insecure and the owners are lazy about security. While the burglar is always at fault, he may not be the only one.

Are booby traps illegal? Ones that will severely incapacitate?

Well sure, if you can explain how the use of deadly force (which is, legally, the same as force that will "severely incapacitate) through a booby trap is being used to prevent an attack from causing the imminent death pr severe bodily injury of a person.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't know anything about this case, but why wouldn't a gun store own take every logical precaution to protect their store? Sometimes there's nothing more the store could have reasonably done, sometimes the stores are insecure and the owners are lazy about security. While the burglar is always at fault, he may not be the only one.

Well sure, if you can explain how the use of deadly force (which is, legally, the same as force that will "severely incapacitate) through a booby trap is being used to prevent an attack from causing the imminent death pr severe bodily injury of a person.
    One could make the case that incapacitating booby traps prevented the burglars from leaving the store with firearms, therefor preventing another forcible felony? It wouldn’t go far, but the case could be made.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One could make the case that incapacitating booby traps prevented the burglars from leaving the store with firearms, therefor preventing another forcible felony? It wouldn’t go far, but the case could be made.

"imminent" takes that defense away, but I see the argument.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would imagine those firearms are in another State by now.
    It's been my understanding that is how the stolen gun trade works.
    Steal them from one state and sell them in another.

It really is unfortunate for all of us gun owners.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

I find it interesting that depending on the route the crew took from Indy Trading Post to Element Armament they would have passed near at least one and possibly several other gun stores. Also interesting that they were "organized" enough to reportedly have a crew of 5 but to be so unorganized as to first break into a store with no firearms present at the time and then to stupidly ditch a getaway car with evidence left inside.

Top Bottom