• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    We are trying to expand our business, which means increasing our heard. In order to do so I have been cross fencing some interior sections of our property. One section has a border fence only. Which the people's dog tends to climb the fence into our property and cause issues. If its not trespassing it barks relentlessly. Barking is not an issue it can bark 24\7. Issue is we dont want it on our property. Until now i could work around it because we were not using the area adjacent to it.

Now i need the area for livestock, and the dog is not nice and has attempted to bite me in the past. It has been made clear to the dogs owners this is not acceptable and can not continue.

I am weighing my options, at this point I have double layered the fencing in a effort to keep it from climbing and added two strands of barbed wire. At this point i am almost ready to open the area up for grazing, problem is the dog still gets over the fence. For some reason it only seems to climb over to our side and never back. I am not concerned about the kids but my concern is the dog. One of our bucks is very territorial, and if he doesn't take him out the livestock Guardian Dog will, and he wont stop attacking once the dog is no longer a threat.

Then owners do not seem to care so do I just go ahead and let the cards fall where they may? We have requested they curtail their dog added extra fencing in an effort to stop it I dont see what else there is for us to do?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are trying to expand our business, which means increasing our heard. In order to do so I have been cross fencing some interior sections of our property. One section has a border fence only. Which the people's dog tends to climb the fence into our property and cause issues. If its not trespassing it barks relentlessly. Barking is not an issue it can bark 24\7. Issue is we dont want it on our property. Until now i could work around it because we were not using the area adjacent to it.

Now i need the area for livestock, and the dog is not nice and has attempted to bite me in the past. It has been made clear to the dogs owners this is not acceptable and can not continue.

I am weighing my options, at this point I have double layered the fencing in a effort to keep it from climbing and added two strands of barbed wire. At this point i am almost ready to open the area up for grazing, problem is the dog still gets over the fence. For some reason it only seems to climb over to our side and never back. I am not concerned about the kids but my concern is the dog. One of our bucks is very territorial, and if he doesn't take him out the livestock Guardian Dog will, and he wont stop attacking once the dog is no longer a threat.

Then owners do not seem to care so do I just go ahead and let the cards fall where they may? We have requested they curtail their dog added extra fencing in an effort to stop it I dont see what else there is for us to do?

Make the local LEO's aware and show you have made every attempt to curtail this issue. Beyond that........You already know.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    SS first S would not be required, I hate to be a jerk and after it tried to bite me the last time I just ran it out the front Gate. Guy down the road was mad because I did not take it back to his place. Guess he had quite the time catching it.

Yeah they do not care until it falls on them. Tell him to....well.....you already know...:):

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My problems with the recent very aggressive large neighborhood dog was resolved by face to face confrontations, making it clear to the animal that I was going to fight him. Made him back up, snarling and growling, all the home, inviting him to get it on. It took a few times but it finally sank in (to his owner). If the owner hadn't fixed the problem it would have inevitably resulted in a large dead dog and that would have fixed the problem. Thankfully the owner finally understood that saying he would fix it wasn't enough.
    Not saying that's how you should resolve your particular dog problem but suggesting that sometimes there's ways to get the irresponsible owner to do what he should. Irresponsible animal owners show that they aren't smart so it says you might have to kinda lead 'em along.
    OK, hopping down off my soap box.:)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Whatever happens - don't talk about it. To anyone. Ever. Not even close family / spouse.

"No, after that last time I ran the dog off, I've not seen it"

Top Bottom