• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Just wondering, are Lowes in Indiana asking at check out 'Would you like to use a military Discount?' We were checking out over the weekend and were asked. just wondering?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just wondering, are Lowes in Indiana asking at check out 'Would you like to use a military Discount?' We were checking out over the weekend and were asked. just wondering?

I give them my phone number (it pulls my name up on the register), sometimes they ask to see ID.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes, they ask occasionally.

My father in law has told me to use his number in the past so I could get a discount. He and his wife don't understand why I won't do that. I am not a veteran.

Actually with the exception of one of his daughters (my wife), none of his family understands.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have never had them ask. I used to show them my ID years ago, some would accept it others would not. I was told you had to be active and others said no, I didnt. The rules seemed to change weekly so I just quit asking.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have never had them ask. I used to show them my ID years ago, some would accept it others would not. I was told you had to be active and others said no, I didnt. The rules seemed to change weekly so I just quit asking.

You don't have to be active. My FIL was in the Navy just after the Korean War. He gets the discount.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    You don't have to be active to get the discount. I'm a Vietnam vet and all I do is say I have the military discount. They ask for my phone number and 10 per cent comes off the bill. Pretty nice of them to do this for us.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Blue-ID Mafia made-man card works every time. No one has ever asked the difference in the IDs, maybe they're afraid I'd explain it to them :laugh:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I believe you can create an account with them online which will also allow you to register for the discount. Once you do that, as mentioned, they will ask for your phone number and may ask for ID before giving you the discount.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sometimes they ask, sometimes they don't.
    I use it every time regardless, simply giving my phone number.

As nice as it is to get the discount, I still do the majority of my shopping at Menards, and they don't offer a discount to veterans.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have a Lowe's card, my military discount it tied to it. Every time I buy something they scan the card, give me the 10% off, and say 'thank you for your service'...every time.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Yes, they ask occasionally.

My father in law has told me to use his number in the past so I could get a discount. He and his wife don't understand why I won't do that. I am not a veteran.

Actually with the exception of one of his daughters (my wife), none of his family understands.

I use my father's if we are together and doing a project together.

Have one contractor who tells me to use his number, but that just isn't right. If a shared project ok, but he tells everyone to use it. Thinks it is his right. People like that will ruin it for the ones using the discount properly.

Supposed to be for personal use, not business last I read.

I know another guy who is a real tool. He uses another guy's discount all the time. Same guy complains about the amount of money spent on the military. I can't be around him for this and other reasons.

If they offer it then take advantage of it... but do it the right way.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I dont shop at lowes much, as an electrician, home depot serves me well and they do offer 10% military discount, but I have to ask for it. I hate asking, but I spend untold amount of money there.

Generally speaking I hate asking for a discount, my wife knows this and will ask for me since every penny counts right now.
    Xx

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Home Depot has a 10% for Active Duty, Retirees with the blue mafia card and service connected disabled Vets with Service Connected ID Card.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I believe you can create an account with them online which will also allow you to register for the discount. Once you do that, as mentioned, they will ask for your phone number and may ask for ID before giving you the discount.
    Yep you register online and they use a third party to verify your military service and then it is in their system under your phone number from then on. However they can ask for ID at the register to make sure people arent loaning out their discount to others like little D-bags.
    This is a courtesy by a private company, please dont abuse it.

Top Bottom