• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And the problem is? When I was a kid, my favorite dog, Bernard, had to be put down because of a feral cat. She earned every day as far as I'm concerned.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I think she was trying to sell said stray cats! :)

[video=youtube;MUwZRLH-BjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUwZRLH-BjM[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I lived over on the west side (not far from Churchmouse actually), we had a neighbor that fed all the stray cats and basically had a colony of feral cats living in and around her backyard (she was catty-corner - no pun intended - from our back yard). When one of the kittens got into our fenced in back yard and one of our dogs killed it, WE became the bad guys of the neighborhood for awhile. I understand wanting to be compassionate and "help" the strays, but if you're going to do that, the most humane, helpful thing you can do is trap, neuter/spay and release. If you can't afford it yourself, there are organizations that do this on a regular basis.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your dog must have been a Saint.

It was my grandfather's dog. One of the dogs I learned to hunt with. I loved that dog. Apparently he came into contact with some stray got sick, had seizures, and lost weigh because he wouldn't eat. Grandpa took him to the vet, and I never saw him again. I cried my eyes out. It was my first major loss as a 8 year old.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hear she may have also gave them milk.

She somehow neglected to mention that she was already on probation for this and this was a probation violation case.

Plead "no contest" in 2015- fined $75
    Plead guilty in 2017- fined $500, paid $250, other $250 suspended, put on probation- violated probation less than 2 months after the guilty plea, sentenced to 30 days, all 30 days suspended, fined $100. Violated probation again in May of 2019. Ordered to serve only 10 of the 30 days that were previously suspended.

order.png

I get it- rules are for other people.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd better watch it, I have a feral colony I've been feeding. I have been catching them for TNR (trap, neuter, release) and I'm going to try for another one tomorrow, Enfield or FN. I've taken 5 kittens and sent them on, hopefully to be domesticated.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I own rentals in neighboring towns. One town has an animal control officer and she actually brings in more revenue then it requires to pay her. I find it hard to believe that people do not learn and control and clean up after their pets, but whatever. The other town is getting an animal control officer in the next few weeks. My tenants complain about cat crap in their gardens, their childs sand box and there are always paw prints and sometimes scratches on their cars from cats. Dogs are not too bad, but most of the dogs people have are pit bulls so best to keep them close. I would shoot first ask questions later, and I am not the only one, so.....

I am not sure if the pets are domestics that are let out, feral, both?? But they are a menace. I don't care if you have 50 cats if you keep them on your property and the noise and smell does not bother me. I have had so many complaints from tenants about neighbors animals in the one town that I am part of the reason there will be an animal control officer soon. One gem was/is a bartender and would get home between midnight and 3 am, let their dog out which would then bark for a half hour until it was let in. And this was a loud hound of some sort. Felt bad for the tenants and was kind of upset that they waited so long to tell me about it. Also surprised that nobody else complained as they are not the closest neighbors. Some people are just inconsiderate.

And this lady in particular, she is an idiot. 4th time is a charm for her.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We do have laws regarding the maintenance of ferals. If you keep a colony, you must provide shelter, food, and water, TNR them, and keep medical records. I'm not going to allow the population to increase. They keep the rodents down, don't make a mess you'd notice, and the neighbors are cool with them.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Could you make the argument, that sense these are probably the same cats coming back daily, that they are not stray but are simply this woman's outside cats?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    This is what you get when you try to control people through the law. Someone's granny is a felon now.

Read, 3 Felonies a Day, to see how out of control our society is.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The neighbors let their cats wander. We didn't complain because they tended to keep the mouse population in control (we are NOT cat people). This year we had a fox family move in. They are fun to watch playing with the deer (who do not like them one bit) and seem to solve both the rodent and cat issues.

Top Bottom