• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The wife and I just got back from the prairie dog wars in SD this afternoon. We often use Choice Hotels while we're on the road so I booked 2 non-smoking rooms at the Quality Inn in Sioux City, IA for last Friday night. The BIL and his wife were along. When we arrived the lady at the front desk told us our reservation had "come through" as smoking rooms and the hotel was full. I went back to the truck to get a copy of the reservation confirmation to shake under her nose and a miracle happened. She found she had one non-smoking room after all and a 2nd non-smoking room had just been cancelled. As we were signing up a guy comes in carrying a stack of pizza boxes with a revolver OC. I asked if pizza delivery guys all carried around there and she said he was a deputy. The pizzas were for a bunch of local jail inmates were IN THE HOTEL doing their time on weekends for alcohol offenses! Seems I'd booked rooms in the jail annex! I wonder if deputy dawg would have been concerned had he known I had 8 rifles and 2K rounds of ammo sitting in the parking lot. I only did 26 years on IPD but I've never heard of that! What say you IMPD guys?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I thought i had heard the worst where my brother lives, but a hotel takes the prize. And they are bringing them pizza?

So where my brother lives the minor offenses, even felony owi will be sentenced to jail time with huber. They then get a job at the local ship yard and work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week which is max for huber. At the end of their sentences most have a bunch of money saved, all their fines and fees paid, how is that any kind of punishment? I am not for ruining someones life, but this just does not sound like it is teaching any kind of valuable lesson. And people act surprised when criminals are charged with 10th plus owi.

Edited for Jetta Knight. The other word is spelled correctly. If you want to know what it means, look it up.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought i had heard the worst where my brother lives, but a hotel takes the prize. And they are bringing them pizza?

so where my brother lives the minor offenses, even felony owi will be sentenced to jail time with huber. They then get a job at the local ship yard and work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week which is maz for huber. At the end of their sentences most have a bunch of money saved, all their fines and fees paid, how is that any kind of punishment? I am not for ruining someones life, but this just does not sound like it is teaching any kind of valieable lesson. And people act surprised when criminals are charged with 10th plus owi.

Not sure what those words are...

For a lot of folks, they need to be kept out of trouble, but not necessarily kept out of public (i.e. jail). If you "lock them up" on the weekend, then they can't get lickered up and cause trouble. These are the folks in and out and in and out of jail and a constant drain on the system, so if they can be rehabilitated and working, seems like a pragmatic win for society.

As to the pizza, well, they do feed people in jail... Even if it is a hotel, I can think of 100 places and things I'd rather do on a weekend.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The wife and I just got back from the prairie dog wars in SD this afternoon. We often use Choice Hotels while we're on the road so I booked 2 non-smoking rooms at the Quality Inn in Sioux City, IA for last Friday night. The BIL and his wife were along. When we arrived the lady at the front desk told us our reservation had "come through" as smoking rooms and the hotel was full. I went back to the truck to get a copy of the reservation confirmation to shake under her nose and a miracle happened. She found she had one non-smoking room after all and a 2nd non-smoking room had just been cancelled. As we were signing up a guy comes in carrying a stack of pizza boxes with a revolver OC. I asked if pizza delivery guys all carried around there and she said he was a deputy. The pizzas were for a bunch of local jail inmates were IN THE HOTEL doing their time on weekends for alcohol offenses! Seems I'd booked rooms in the jail annex! I wonder if deputy dawg would have been concerned had he known I had 8 rifles and 2K rounds of ammo sitting in the parking lot. I only did 26 years on IPD but I've never heard of that! What say you IMPD guys?

Pretty sure that the Travel Inn (crack motel) near me (Thompson and 31) is full of felons. They may not be serving their sentences there, but they're there, nonetheless. And I should get internet points for using their, there and they're correctly in the same sentence! :):

Conductor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2019
    ANDREWS
    We have one of these in Huntington, an old Days Inn. It's where the police put people up who have nowhere to go. I get itchy just driving by and imaging how dirty the place is.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    working 60 hours a week sounds like punishment to me. sometimes you do what you got to to make ends meet, but being forced to is a different thing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We have one of these in Huntington, an old Days Inn. It's where the police put people up who have nowhere to go. I get itchy just driving by and imaging how dirty the place is.

Down at the corner of 24? Man, that place was gross when I was kid, and that was over 20 years ago.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Pretty sure that the Travel Inn (crack motel) near me (Thompson and 31) is full of felons. They may not be serving their sentences there, but they're there, nonetheless. And I should get internet points for using their, there and they're correctly in the same sentence! :):

The Always Inn on East 21st Street is similarly populated. When there was a reality show about the Indiana Department of Correction Indianapolis parole district, the inn featured prominently. It was located just so that sex offenders could live there without violating the 1,000 foot from schools, daycares, etc. requirement.

And major props for using their, there, and they're CORRECTLY in the same sentence!

Conductor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2019
    ANDREWS
    Down at the corner of 24? Man, that place was gross when I was kid, and that was over 20 years ago.

That would be the one. They kind of spruced up the outside finally, but its still nasty. I hardly see anyone there aside from the long term live ins and some cheap construction crews. Most of the business is police related, felons and people with nowhere to go.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom