• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Officer was in the right, but he could've engaged a little better. She refuses to sign the ticket, and he immediately tells her she's under arrest. After she refused the first time he should have said something along the lines of "Ma'am, I must inform you, that if you don't sign this ticket, I'm going to arrest you," see how that plays out, and then do what needs to be done.
    Everything the officer did was by the book, so I won't fault him for the general interaction, but I personally think his verbal approach as control tactics need some polishing up.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Jeff Foxworthys grandma has nothing on this crazy Okie.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Officer was in the right, but he could've engaged a little better. She refuses to sign the ticket, and he immediately tells her she's under arrest. After she refused the first time he should have said something along the lines of "Ma'am, I must inform you, that if you don't sign this ticket, I'm going to arrest you," see how that plays out, and then do what needs to be done.
    Everything the officer did was by the book, so I won't fault him for the general interaction, but I personally think his verbal approach as control tactics need some polishing up.

That's what I was thinking.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I guess in some other states sign a ticket to acknowledge receipt (which is not an admission of guilt) is mandatory.

It's a court summons. You are signing it to affirm that you will pay the fine, or go to court. By not signing it, you are not acknowledging that you will appear in court, and are then subject to arrest.

As you said, it's not an admission of guilt, just a promise to appear. If you refuse to promise to appear, they'll take to the judge themselves. ;)

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    "Sign this ticket."

"I'm not signing that, because I don't think I deserve it."

"You're under arrest."

"No, I'm not."

Yeah, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. Amazing restraint on the officer's part. When she started rolling up her window, I would have broken it, and dragged her out then and there. This isn't a game.

She got TASERed and still didn't give up! It took two rides for her to get the picture that she was not in control!

Could have just signed the freaking ticket.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's a court summons. You are signing it to affirm that you will pay the fine, or go to court. By not signing it, you are not acknowledging that you will appear in court, and are then subject to arrest.

As you said, it's not an admission of guilt, just a promise to appear. If you refuse to promise to appear, they'll take to the judge themselves. ;)
    ^^^^

Why is it mandatory to sign a ticket?
    That's why....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw the video on my phone at lunch, it was even worse on a bigger screen.

Top Bottom