Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    I feel like it should, but honestly no it doesn't, said walker Natalie Campbell when asked if the robbery made her feel less safe.

Sounds like the thugs found a place with some easy marks.
    Yyyyeap! If it was followed by the words, "I'm not dumb enough to go out walking at 0215..." it would be different.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Well, here we go again. My older son works nights at IU Health just west of there, younger son has friends in that area. Between that and people just thinking that if it's nice during the day, it's nice after midnight these stories really bother me.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A woman walking along the canal early Friday morning had some scary moments that led to a call to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

According to a police report, the woman was walking by herself around 1:30 a.m. when four people approached her, three men and a woman.

The group, each person around 19 years old, reportedly came up to the woman and asked her if she was looking for something. She told them she could not find her car and they offered to help and walked with her for a little bit along the canal.

Eventually, she said they told her, "this could go one of two ways," took her phone and keys, slapped her "a bit" and shoved her into the canal before running away. After calling 911, police tried to find her 2012 red Hyundai Veloster with Indiana plates, but it was never located.

IMPD officers (and pretty much everyone else) encourage everyone who is walking along the canal after midnight to make sure they are walking with someone. They also remind people to be aware of their surroundings and not constantly looking at their cellphones.

https://fox59.com/2019/08/16/woman-r...he-indy-canal/
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Sounds like IMPD needs to send out gullible looking decoy undercover to snag this group.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Yyyyeap! If it was followed by the words, "I'm not dumb enough to go out walking at 0215..." it would be different.

Patsy Cline never mentioned any of this. (jump to 1:15)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Well, here we go again. My older son works nights at IU Health just west of there, younger son has friends in that area. Between that and people just thinking that if it's nice during the day, it's nice after midnight these stories really bother me.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A woman walking along the canal early Friday morning had some scary moments that led to a call to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

According to a police report, the woman was walking by herself around 1:30 a.m. when four people approached her, three men and a woman.

The group, each person around 19 years old, reportedly came up to the woman and asked her if she was looking for something. She told them she could not find her car and they offered to help and walked with her for a little bit along the canal.

Eventually, she said they told her, "this could go one of two ways," took her phone and keys, slapped her "a bit" and shoved her into the canal before running away. After calling 911, police tried to find her 2012 red Hyundai Veloster with Indiana plates, but it was never located.

IMPD officers (and pretty much everyone else) encourage everyone who is walking along the canal after midnight to make sure they are walking with someone. They also remind people to be aware of their surroundings and not constantly looking at their cellphones.

https://fox59.com/2019/08/16/woman-r...he-indy-canal/
    She must have been drunk or high, or they include the Canal to cover all sidewalks anywhere near it. You cant park your car on the canal. So if you are actually on the canal looking, you wont find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Patsy Cline never mentioned any of this. (jump to 1:15)

She must have been drunk or high, or they include the Canal to cover all sidewalks anywhere near it. You cant park your car on the canal. So if you are actually on the canal looking, you wont find it.
    And if you park IN the canal, the responding IMPD Officers will not see this as an innovative parking solution.

That is a good point. It seems like at that end you can see some parking lots, but you have to be on the other side to drive out. Getting pushed into the canal from the bridge? I'm sure that would've been mentioned in the story.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Just like the Monon trail. Easy pickings.
    South of 96th Street....
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2