• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It seems like earlier this year there was a near-identical story. Spoiler alert: the robbery happened at 0215!! That's after Midnight, nuff said! Attention yuppies who live on the Canal: situational awareness includes knowing the difference between 0215 and 1415 and maybe a risk assessment should take place before venturing outside.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Two people were robbed at gunpoint on the downtown canal walk early Wednesday morning.
    The incident happened near 650 Canal Walk at 2:15 a.m.

According to a police, four men, at least three armed with guns, stole a credit card and a cell phone from a man and woman walking the canal. No one was hurt.

"It's unfortunate that that happened, but no I don't feel unsafe at all,” said Nathan Grile, who was walking the canal.
    On Thursday, runners, bikers and walkers enjoyed the weather unfazed by the early morning robbery.

“I feel like it should, but honestly no it doesn't,” said walker Natalie Campbell when asked if the robbery made her feel less safe.

While some were surprised by the news, others were not.

"I don't feel as safe as I used to," said Stephanie Truchan while walking her dog. "We’ve had some issues in the past few months.”
    This year, police have responded to multiple robberies and reports of gunfire near the canal, one nearly every month of the year so far.
    “It hasn't been as safe. I feel like there's a lot more people out kind of loitering at night and that has contributed to some of the crime,” Truchan said.

That’s why you’ll find a mobile surveillance camera set up right near the canal. It uses solar and regular power to provide a birds eye view in downtown hot spots. Every few weeks, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department moves it around to the areas where they get a lot of calls.

“The video feed from those cameras is accessible to my officers, to our front desk personnel at district roll call who monitor that, and it also shoots the image to homeland security, where they have officers who watch the cameras also,” said Captain John Mann with IMPD's downtown district.

On top of that, IMPD says they also increase bike and foot patrols on the canal during the summer. They say they also receive help on the canal from park rangers, IUPUI police, Capitol police, and the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

"I come out here late when there's not a lot of people around and early in the morning sometimes, pretty much any time throughout the day," Grile said. "There's never really a specific time where I feel unsafe.”

https://fox59.com/2019/08/02/2-robbed-at-gunpoint-along-downtown-indy-canal/

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    So knowing ful well that there re eyes in the shadows they do not feel in any danger. Interesting.

Well, it's because they knew these men wouldn't hurt them! All they wanted was some money for a sandwich. The robbers are the victims after all. Victims of sis gendered, patriarchal, white privileged society!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    “I feel like it should, but honestly no it doesn't,” said walker Natalie Campbell when asked if the robbery made her feel less safe.

Sounds like the thugs found a place with some easy marks.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Sounds like the thugs found a place with some easy marks.

Yyyyeap! If it was followed by the words, "I'm not dumb enough to go out walking at 0215..." it would be different.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, here we go again. My older son works nights at IU Health just west of there, younger son has friends in that area. Between that and people just thinking that if it's nice during the day, it's nice after midnight these stories really bother me.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A woman walking along the canal early Friday morning had some scary moments that led to a call to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

According to a police report, the woman was walking by herself around 1:30 a.m. when four people approached her, three men and a woman.

The group, each person around 19 years old, reportedly came up to the woman and asked her if she was looking for something. She told them she could not find her car and they offered to help and walked with her for a little bit along the canal.

Eventually, she said they told her, "this could go one of two ways," took her phone and keys, slapped her "a bit" and shoved her into the canal before running away. After calling 911, police tried to find her 2012 red Hyundai Veloster with Indiana plates, but it was never located.

IMPD officers (and pretty much everyone else) encourage everyone who is walking along the canal after midnight to make sure they are walking with someone. They also remind people to be aware of their surroundings and not constantly looking at their cellphones.

https://fox59.com/2019/08/16/woman-...-keys-before-shoving-her-into-the-indy-canal/

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    dude-wheres-my-car.15641-640x402.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yyyyeap! If it was followed by the words, "I'm not dumb enough to go out walking at 0215..." it would be different.

Patsy Cline never mentioned any of this. (jump to 1:15)

[video=youtube_share;Y1XfUI4GR3M]http://youtu.be/Y1XfUI4GR3M?t=114[/video]

Well, here we go again. My older son works nights at IU Health just west of there, younger son has friends in that area. Between that and people just thinking that if it's nice during the day, it's nice after midnight these stories really bother me.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A woman walking along the canal early Friday morning had some scary moments that led to a call to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

According to a police report, the woman was walking by herself around 1:30 a.m. when four people approached her, three men and a woman.

The group, each person around 19 years old, reportedly came up to the woman and asked her if she was looking for something. She told them she could not find her car and they offered to help and walked with her for a little bit along the canal.

Eventually, she said they told her, "this could go one of two ways," took her phone and keys, slapped her "a bit" and shoved her into the canal before running away. After calling 911, police tried to find her 2012 red Hyundai Veloster with Indiana plates, but it was never located.

IMPD officers (and pretty much everyone else) encourage everyone who is walking along the canal after midnight to make sure they are walking with someone. They also remind people to be aware of their surroundings and not constantly looking at their cellphones.

https://fox59.com/2019/08/16/woman-...-keys-before-shoving-her-into-the-indy-canal/

She must have been drunk or high, or they include the Canal to cover all sidewalks anywhere near it. You cant park your car on the canal. So if you are actually on the canal looking, you wont find it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Patsy Cline never mentioned any of this. (jump to 1:15)

[video=youtube_share;Y1XfUI4GR3M]http://youtu.be/Y1XfUI4GR3M?t=114[/video]

She must have been drunk or high, or they include the Canal to cover all sidewalks anywhere near it. You cant park your car on the canal. So if you are actually on the canal looking, you wont find it.

And if you park IN the canal, the responding IMPD Officers will not see this as an innovative parking solution.

That is a good point. It seems like at that end you can see some parking lots, but you have to be on the other side to drive out. Getting pushed into the canal from the bridge? I'm sure that would've been mentioned in the story.

Top Bottom