• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Hear her interview this morning on NPR. All the usual talking points and staggering ignorance on display. Lots of glittering generalities and one specific - universal background checks. Dodged the question about the sound bite from the brother of a school shooting victim who's pro 2nd. He had a good handle on the reason for the 2nd, but all she could focus on was the "fear" of gov turning tyrannical.
    Listening to NPR is not good for my blood pressure.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/...h-usa-names-gun-violence-prevention-minister/

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
    Luke 22:36

How 'bout that, minister?

Here is Christ himself telling his disciples to ensure they have the same arms as the Roman soldiers.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Those damned violent guns! If they come up with a solution for violent guns then perhaps they can come up with a solution for violent gangs, spouses, etc.

I suspect that the Presbyterians who regularly attend church aren't part of the problem populations you just identified. :):

Also, what I've found is that "nice" people have a very idealistic but wholly unrealistic view of the realities of those populations, mostly from a lack of any appreciable personal contact.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I gut a chuckle out of pages 26 and 27..... what a bunch of mucking forons.

I wasn't going to read the report, but after this I had to look at pages 26 and 27. I am just a bit dumber for having done so.

PC "words are violence" kind of thinking. Because, it is inherently wrong and foments violent to refer to biceps as "guns."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wasn't going to read the report, but after this I had to look at pages 26 and 27. I am just a bit dumber for having done so.

PC "words are violence" kind of thinking. Because, it is inherently wrong and foments violent to refer to biceps as "guns."

DANG IT!
    You guys made me look

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Those damned violent guns! If they come up with a solution for violent guns then perhaps they can come up with a solution for violent gangs, spouses, etc.

Time to be the "Bob Barker" of firearms, "have your guns spayed or neutered". That should do the trick...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think this is a new problem for them. Half a lifetime ago, I dated a girl whose dad was an successful senior engineer who had attained substantial professional status. We attended their Presbyterian church when I was there on Sundays. The community was Lyndhurst, and her dad called it "Lindy Commie Presby" even then

Top Bottom