• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got a feeling these two (El Paso and Dayton) are going to be the main news stories this morning. NBC just opened up with Breaking News on the Dayton shooting, and they're also talking about El Paso. But they're saying the El Paso shooter surrendered to police. I thought he killed himself?

Edit: Nope, I see I was mistaken (about him killing himself).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mayor Pete is calling this "white nationalist terrorism". What does he call what goes on in South Bend, Chicago, DC, Detroit, etc.?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think they count 3 or more fatalities in a single incident as a “mass” shooting

WTHR (NBC) said they count 4 or more... and that there have been 11 so far this year, not 250, with a total of 49 people killed in "mass shootings" this year so far. Wonder how many have been killed in Chicago alone so far.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Mayor Pete is calling this "white nationalist terrorism". What does he call what goes on in South Bend, Chicago, DC, Detroit, etc.?

Keyword "terrorism." Innner city black on black crime IS a serious problem in the black community, but it's based, primarily, on crime and machismo. The people killed more often than not aren't innocents, but those who are willing participants in the "game." There's no political or social ideology associated with such acts. If you're a criminal and you get smoked by another criminal, you kinda think you'd know the risks. If you want to avoid being killed, don't be a criminal.
    If you're a person who minds their own business and gets gunned down because someone doesn't like your skin color or ethnicity, what can you do to not be targeted? Nothing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Keyword "terrorism." Innner city black on black crime IS a serious problem in the black community, but it's based, primarily, on crime and machismo. The people killed more often than not aren't innocents, but those who are willing participants in the "game." There's no political or social ideology associated with such acts. If you're a criminal and you get smoked by another criminal, you kinda think you'd know the risks. If you want to avoid being killed, don't be a criminal.
    If you're a person who minds their own business and gets gunned down because someone doesn't like your skin color or ethnicity, what can you do to not be targeted? Nothing.

Oh I understand that. And even when it's primarily criminals shooting at each other, there are still a lot of innocents that get caught in the crossfire. Now, which problem is causing the higher body count? And which problem do the politicians and MSM seize on to push for gun control?

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    FOX NEWS press conference right now is saying the shooter had body armor and a 223 "really big gun".

Dayton Mayor just said this shooting is the 250th mass shooting this year. :dunno:

Reporter: Do we know what type of gun was used?

Mayor: "The gun that he had was a two hundred twenty three caliber high capacity magazine." She made that exact statement more than once.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh I understand that. And even when it's primarily criminals shooting at each other, there are still a lot of innocents that get caught in the crossfire. Now, which problem is causing the higher body count? And which problem do the politicians and MSM seize on to push for gun control?

Of innocents or generally speaking? And politician and the MSM certainly push for gun control regardless of the situation.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    SSDD

Dayton Mayor just said this shooting is the 250th mass shooting this year. :dunno:
    He counts Chicagoland, obviously LOL

Reporter: Do we know what type of gun was used?

Mayor: "The gun that he had was a two hundred twenty three caliber high capacity magazine." She made that exact statement more than once.

The stupid, it burns!

Let me guess, Mayor is a democrat who doesnt even hunt, or even ever owned guns? (or he just doesnt do well under pressure of speaking in front of cameras in stressful situations. I once was giving a speech in high school about WW2 and referring to my notes of "ben muss" I called him "Benjamin Mussolini. I KNEW better and still screwed up. :):)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The truth of the matter is that there is no way of stopping these things so it's either the government moves to disarm or the citizenry is allowed to exercise their right to protect themselves. We all know what the government would prefer. They've already made it clear. Even with those two options there is still no way of guaranteeing the total elimination of such heinous acts.

We do know one thing for sure and that is the perpetrators of such evil deeds choose soft targets where they know they will encounter the least resistance until they are able to carry out maximum casualities before they meet sufficient resistance. The EL Paso gunman even mentions it in his manifesto and declares an attack on hard targets as a futile effort.

The bottom line is that the government MUST acknowledge that we have an absolute right to take measures to protect ourselves.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Of innocents or generally speaking? And politician and the MSM certainly push for gun control regardless of the situation.

Both innocents and criminals... it would be interesting to see the breakdown. But my point is, they take these isolated incidents and hold them up as being the predominant problem while ignoring the much more serious problem of crime in general. Instead of focusing on the cause of the crime, they focus on inanimate objects as being the problem.

Top Bottom