Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianPatriot View Post
    Nobody has the ability to protect themselves from being targeted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    That is patently false.
    Didn't you post earlier"If you're a person who minds their own business and gets gunned down because someone doesn't like your skin color or ethnicity, what can you do to not be targeted? Nothing."?
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    How long has this been the case, and is it unique to the United States?
    Kut- I should have stated that I don't have any data to back up my statement. It is just what I speculate maybe a contributing factor.
    IMHO, this has been an issue for a couple hundred years easy. I like to learn about history, and I think other factors may at least sometimes lead a person to have such feelings. I think back to some who following the Civil war that maybe were changed or just didn't feel they fit into the changing society and and went over the edge and committed all kinds of evil acts using political, racial or other reasons to justify (in their minds) their actions. Then you have some who seem to actually enjoy causing mayhem while inflicting fear in others. I believe to some degree for some it feels like it gives them power.

I don't think this is exclusive the the US.
    But, depending how chemical courage may play into it may lend itself to being more of a US problem with how easily meds get pushed.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    There never seems to be enough reporting on this. What kind of psycho active drugs are being used by the shooters. Seems like it would be pertinent information if majority of mass killers happen to be on benzodiazepines or antidepressants.

I have a son that has struggled with depression since a young age. After many issues we gave in to the Dr's who suggested meds. Never saw any positive changes (maybe a couple weeks at a time) long term. After several year he eventually flipped out and was hospitalized under an immediate detention as an adult (at 18). The Dr there determined he had been prescribed meds that counteracted each other and said that may have been fueling his depression and causing his anger. She took him off the meds and then put him on a different type of med. Since then he has been much more "normal" and doesn't have the angry tendency's or depression issues. As a result he has finally found who he is and where he seems to fit in. It has given him more self value.
    So the right meds can help but when one gets the wrong meds bad things can happen in a hurry.
    People who need meds and go off of them for various reasons maybe a ticking time bomb or maybe as harmless as state fair lemonade. But I think reasearch could help shed light on the issue

User Info Menu

It definitely needs more research, I think most people would be surprised to know how little we actually know about how the drugs work, drs are basically guessing when they decide which psycho active drugs to give. That and long term the drugs work only slightly better than placebo. Also we need to destigmatize lsd/psilocybin and research its effects on treating these issues. Would be better to have a drug you only need once every few years.

User Info Menu

Dayton, Ohio, shooting suspect identified, sister among 9 killed, officials say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-oh...-officials-say

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    9 Killed in Dayton Shooting
    WOW... 9 Killed....
    In Chicago they call that Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bee View Post
    FOX NEWS press conference right now is saying the shooter had body armor and a 223 "really big gun".
    Practice those head shots (or Mozambique drill)
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Don't people buy shoes that fit them anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    Dayton, Ohio, shooting suspect identified, sister among 9 killed, officials say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-oh...-officials-say

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
    Wow... wonder if he knew he was shooting her, or if she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    Don't people buy shoes that fit them anymore?

Well, I could see the slip-on sandals/flip flops falling off, but laced up sneakers? I mean unless in the panic, people were stepping on the backs of the shoes of people in front of them or something.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast