Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brake service

User Info Menu

Brake service

Any reliable brake service around keystone/castleton area with reasonable pricing?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by happygunner View Post
    Any reliable brake service around keystone/castleton area with reasonable pricing?
    This is a little outside of your asking area but in Westfield: https://www.bobsgarage.biz/
    Bob's garage comes with high recommendation from my family's "car guys".

Basically Hwy 31 and 161st street.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

Ok, I'll call them. Thanks.

I just wanted pads replaced but I always get told the rotors always need to be shaved/spinned. I don't have vibrations. I'm just wanting to replace the pads and see how much I have consumed the last 3 years.

User Info Menu

DIY. Easy to do with minimal tools.

Brake shop had a funny quote a few years ago...
    "We stand behind our brake jobs, but we won't stand in front of them"

User Info Menu

I want to but don't have that time and energy.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Ty Penn Shell Automotive at 49th St and Pennsylvania St. He might be moving to 51st and Keystone soon. Honest, quality service, and great price! He has my business for life.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

How much does a brake job run up there in the big city?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by happygunner View Post
    I want to but don't have that time and energy.
    How old are you, 90?

It's really an easy job. One hour should be more than enough. I don't have any recommendations in that area, but any shop should be able to do it just fine. If you don't mind driving a bit more Michael's Automotive by 10th and Emerson is a good shop. Mike's a gun guy too. Great guy.
    "Do not overthink it, gentlemen. It's only a gunfight, not an IRS tax audit." - Louis Awerbuck

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I understand the time and energy. My Ford Focus requires a special tool to take the drums off the rear wheels (you know what I mean).

Never done brakes. Can figure it out but at this point there are too many family obligations.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by abnk View Post
    How old are you, 90?

It's really an easy job. One hour should be more than enough. I don't have any recommendations in that area, but any shop should be able to do it just fine. If you don't mind driving a bit more Michael's Automotive by 10th and Emerson is a good shop. Mike's a gun guy too. Great guy.
    Let me rephrase. I don't have the mental energy. I'll prolly enjoy it when I retire. I found a guy. Highly recommend from a car guy who also shoots. Just need the parts and I'll post feedback here. Gonna go ahead and just replace the rotors too instead of spinning them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast