Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Expert worddoer's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Student with gun stopped outside Indiana high school

    I looks like someone said something when they saw something..."a school resource officer at Muncie Central High was told Wednesday..." This could have saved many, many lives.

    Guns are not the problem, our society obviously is the issue. If guns were the issue, then back in the 40's, 50's and 60's when you could by all sorts of guns at the local pharmacy, hardware or even grocery stores.....with no background check even.....mass shootings should have been happening several times a day every single day. Guns were everywhere. People even left them in the back window of their trucks in public view. Yet, mass shootings were far more rare in the past even accounting for population changes.

    Only as we have lost respect for others and lost self discipline has our society seen these frequent tragedies.

    Link below...

    https://www.wowo.com/student-with-gu...a-high-school/
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

  2. #2
    Grandmaster femurphy77's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    When I was in high school (graduated Key West High School, 1977) I was on the school shooting team. One of our team members had a some type of semi auto 22 for sale that I wanted to see. He brought it to school on the bus, I checked it out at his locker during one of the breaks and took it home on my bus. Not a single person thru the whole interaction even gave us a second look.

    Nowadays a child can be suspended for chewing their pop tart into a gun shape. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stude...-gun_n_2903500

    Sorry about the huffpo cite, it was the first one to pop up.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

    What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

  3. #3
    Expert fullmetaljesus's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    First recorded school shooting in the states was back in the 1800s. It's hardly a 'new' problem.

    I do believe it's an issue with society. Less emphasis on th value of life. Plus with the glory and fame that comes with being on the news 24/7 for a week.

    Also it's odd we are hearing less about the pedo ring with all this shooting coverage.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

  4. #4
    Master CindyE's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    First recorded school shooting in the states was back in the 1800s. It's hardly a 'new' problem.

    I do believe it's an issue with society. Less emphasis on th value of life. Plus with the glory and fame that comes with being on the news 24/7 for a week.

    Also it's odd we are hearing less about the pedo ring with all this shooting coverage.
    You're right, people (not all) don't value life anymore.

  5. #5
    Expert bgcatty's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    What is it with these idiots? They canít all be mental cases. They gotta be hate filled almost sub-human beings that are an insult to humanity. I just canít stomach these cretins! Peace. Out.
    If you always do what you've always done you will only get what you've always gotten.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bgcatty View Post
    What is it with these idiots? They canít all be mental cases. They gotta be hate filled almost sub-human beings that are an insult to humanity. I just canít stomach these cretins! Peace. Out.
    Unfortunately (probably with the exception of Texas) nobody has the stomach to take them out of society permanently... and I don't mean a life sentence. If I were king, they'd get one appeal. They'd have 2 weeks to present it. After that, if the appeal fails, straight to the gallows. And yes I literally mean gallows... on the most public square available, so anyone wishing to emulate their actions gets to see what "hung from the neck until dead" actually looks like. Live stream it if necessary.

  7. #7
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Unfortunately (probably with the exception of Texas) nobody has the stomach to take them out of society permanently... and I don't mean a life sentence. If I were king, they'd get one appeal. They'd have 2 weeks to present it. After that, if the appeal fails, straight to the gallows. And yes I literally mean gallows... on the most public square available, so anyone wishing to emulate their actions gets to see what "hung from the neck until dead" actually looks like. Live stream it if necessary.
    How would that help? Clearly death is no deterrent in these cases.

  8. #8
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CindyE View Post
    You're right, people (not all) don't value life anymore.
    Some clearly value their hurt feelings or a need to be noticed much more than they do human life. That's an illness, but not a justification.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  9. #9
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    How would that help? Clearly death is no deterrent in these cases.
    There is death, and there is "death". Pretty easy to pump bullets into another person (apparently) and just watch them fall. I mean it's just like on the video screen, right? Might provide a different perspective to think you could be the one hanging from the end of the rope, flailing about, until your tongue swells up and chokes you to death. Unless of course you get lucky and your neck snaps on the drop.

  10. #10
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    There is death, and there is "death". Pretty easy to pump bullets into another person (apparently) and just watch them fall. I mean it's just like on the video screen, right? Might provide a different perspective to think you could be the one hanging from the end of the rope, flailing about, until your tongue swells up and chokes you to death. Unless of course you get lucky and your neck snaps on the drop.
    I'm still not sure I follow, they go into it knowing they'll be shot dead, you think if they believe there's a chance they'll be hung dead instead they wont go through with it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge