• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Nothing major or exciting. I'm working on a bookshelf for my son.

67867506_10156612976408042_7005338508726370304_n.jpg

​​​​​​​Jason

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I still have to attach the handle and the sign and a few other things. The handle is an actual vintage gas pump handle. It's going to be mounted on the door then I'll attach a hose to the handle and door. I hope my son likes it. He's kind of mad it's not red and doesn't have a triceratops on it. I do what I can.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I need to ***** and moan for a minute and figured people in this thread might appreciate it.

I bought the Harbor Freight dovetail jig for about $30. Hard to go wrong there. I spend more than that on beer...

Anyway, I put some scrap stock on there so I can dial in the setup, and NOTHING will line up. I finally take the clamps off to see what is what, and the stupid thing is out of square by at least a half inch and out of flat by more than a quarter. Needless to say it is going back today and I'm measuring the replacement before I leave the store.

First time I've been burned, so not bad, and I know they'll replace it. It's just frustrating. I really had my heart set on making drawers last night.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I need to ***** and moan for a minute and figured people in this thread might appreciate it.

I bought the Harbor Freight dovetail jig for about $30. Hard to go wrong there. I spend more than that on beer...

Anyway, I put some scrap stock on there so I can dial in the setup, and NOTHING will line up. I finally take the clamps off to see what is what, and the stupid thing is out of square by at least a half inch and out of flat by more than a quarter. Needless to say it is going back today and I'm measuring the replacement before I leave the store.

First time I've been burned, so not bad, and I know they'll replace it. It's just frustrating. I really had my heart set on making drawers last night.

Get the Porter Cable one from Lowes it will make you look like a pro. Well worth the money.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Get the Porter Cable one from Lowes it will make you look like a pro. Well worth the money.

I saw it there when I picked up my router (I am cheap, but I will pony up the dough for well put together power tools), but I just couldn't convince myself that a bit of aluminum and steel was worth $160.

I have seen people make good doevetails with the HF jig, but theirs all started out flat and square...

Top Bottom