Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Sounds more like banks or investment companies wanting to offload inactive accounts and asking the state to hold the money.

rvb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    I would guess a time marked email of chat would serve just as well as a recorded phone call...
    the institution sets the rules. maybe a phone call, maybe an email, maybe a form you have to submit. best to ask.
    -rvb
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    Sounds more like banks or investment companies wanting to offload inactive accounts and asking the state to hold the money.
    Well how stupid of us to trust them with it...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Expert

User Info Menu

January 1st is turning into a drag!

Lets see, change the batteries in the smoke detectors, call all the people who manage my money/investments, trip all the breakers in the breaker box...

Hell, it will never end!

And here I thought from the phone calls I receive is all I have to worry about my credit rating, my cars warranty, my medicare coverage and grand kids in jail...

Expert

User Info Menu

If I bury it all in a peanut butter jar in the back yard do I have to leave a dated note to prove I had been there each time?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    If I bury it all in a peanut butter jar in the back yard do I have to leave a dated note to prove I had been there each time?
    That depends. When does the peanut butter expire?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    They (Fed/Local) have outgrown their intended purpose and now exist only to rape and pillage.

Prove me wrong.

They contribute nothing. Itís a grand scale pyramid scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

Trade that money for guns and you won't have to worry about the government taking them from you... oh, wait.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

I don't know the rules for taking over a dormant account, but the State holds the money for a looonnnnnng time. I'm amazed how much time can go by and you still get it back.

My brother moved to Colorado from Indiana in the 1970s, lived there the rest of his life, and died in 2000. Just a couple years ago someone notified me there were funds in his name available from the State of Indiana. (There is a guy in Indiana whose hobby is reviewing the State escheated funds list and tracking down and notifying relatives. Really). My sister is still in Indiana so I turned over all the info to her and she was able to obtain the funds, even tho apparently they were from the 1960s? 70s at the latest. It wasn't a lot of money, but worth doing a bit of paperwork for.

When I PCS'd from Oklahoma to Germany in 1986, I opened a banking account with USAA and transferred all my funds -- I thought -- from Tinker Federal Credit Union. Turns out I never really closed the account, I still had about $7K or $8K there in a savings account, dunno how I missed that. A year or two ago I got a letter from...the State of Texas IIRC, telling me I had funds in Oklahoma! Not sure how Texas found out, but maybe the states trade info to track down beneficiaries? It only took a minor amount of work on my part to recover it. Felt like I won the lottery. Ok not grand prize, but still.

So while there are many things to piss on the State governments about, I'm thinking escheated funds are probably not one of them.

User Info Menu

State AG's office is pretty aggressive at returning money.

https://indianaunclaimed.gov/?gclid=...SAAEgJdsPD_BwE

"If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast