• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Last year on Black Friday I purchased a Snap-on 1650 psi electric pressure washer.
    model # 870905
    Who does not know the quality of Snap-on tools.

I filled the soap tank with a Carwash soap and wax.
    I washed my car and truck.
    I seen there was still soap in the tank.
    I washed my house.
    When I removed the soap tank.
    It was 100% full.
    I just packed it away for the winter.
    Yesterday I pulled it out to do my car and truck again.
    I spotted the tank full.
    I called Snap-on 888 278 8092.
    I asked why and how to get it to use the soap.
    The Snap-on man told me.
    I had to adjust the nozzle to the minimum pressure and the spray to widest.
    The soap feeds in on the high pressure side of the pump.
    If there is any back pressure.
    The soap will not feed.
    I also have to thin the soap to a very watery mix.

On there gas operated pressure washers.
    They feed the soap on the low pressure feed side.
    On their electric they decided to feed the soap on the high pressure side.

I will try this out tomorrow.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So for now the problem may just be poor instructions and/or operator error?
    On a serious note, I have used plenty of Snap-on products to bet that IF there is a problem with the machine, they will take care of it. Let us know how it works out tomorrow

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I don't really have an opinion about Snap-on. Never used them. But, I did see this the other day.

67772929-2360816194133484-212628794144456704-o.jpg

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    You have to change tip (if quick connect) or adjust your tip to max volume in order to get the siphon to work, you generaly will not be able to use soap at your max pressure.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    SnapOn puts their name on all kinds of cheap battery chargers, welders, etc and jacks up the price for something you could by at walmart for half the price. Ill bet that pressure washer is an example.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    SnapOn puts their name on all kinds of cheap battery chargers, welders, etc and jacks up the price for something you could by at walmart for half the price. Ill bet that pressure washer is an example.
    I can vouch for that. Long story short, go with a Miller welder. Wasn't aware they had branded power washers.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The companies that built reputations of quality products all those years ago have learned to fold in cheaper quality products knowing their name will sell it. I'm guessing that Snap On power washer doesn't carry the same warranty that their hand tools do.

For a reason.

Hell even back in the day Craftsman didn't put the same warranty on anything that plugged in and that was when the stuff was still made in the USA!

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I believe there are some Snap-On pressure washers, but the Electric “Snap-On” at Menards is actually made by a company named All Trade Tool. The license the name from Snap-On.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That thing looks like it's been used and abused. Sooner or later, everything will break.

I have completely worn out more than a few Snap-On pneumatic tools. It is just how it works. All of the high end hand tools (Snap-On/Mac) are still A-1 and doing the job they were designed to do.
    I did replace the 1/2" drive Impact with a Snap-On and it is better than the original I bought years and years ago or so it seems.

As to the unit the OP pasts about I am pretty sure that s something Snap-On puts their badge on from another manf. But we still expect quality when we see that brand name.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The companies that built reputations of quality products all those years ago have learned to fold in cheaper quality products knowing their name will sell it. I'm guessing that Snap On power washer doesn't carry the same warranty that their hand tools do.

For a reason.

Hell even back in the day Craftsman didn't put the same warranty on anything that plugged in and that was when the stuff was still made in the USA!

I made a solid living using Craftsmen tools. I have passed most of those tools down to my sons. But they were made here and are miles ahead of what Lowes sells under the same Marque. There are still some Craftsmen pieces in the tool boxes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Apologies. I just wanted to clarify that it wasn’t Snap-On selling this stuff directly. They are just selling their name and reputation. Femurphy said the same thing, but I hadn’t refreshed before posting.

Oh no apologies needed here. I responded before rolling through all the comments.

I am a tool junkie. Have been my entire life. Learned early that to do anything correctly sometimes a proper tool is needed. You may only use that tool on that particular project but then, just having it makes future projects viable. This is especially true with Lathe/mill work. I have both and the tooling can sometimes be very unique.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Once the “Big” names start whoring out their brand, quality will start to drop on their bread and butter items as well. I’ve seen it in the restaurant equipment world many times, starting with Hobart. S&W, Browning, Walther, Colt, they’ve all whored their brand to the lowest common denominator manufacturers of cheap trinkets s well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Everyone save their money.
    Pick up a regular hose nozzle and a hand pump garden sprayer.
    I could not knock down spider webs.
    I tried all setting for pressure and comb spray.
    MY thumb on the open hose end would have been better.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    First time I ever heard of snap-on tools was when a friend showed me his wrench that broke in half and you could see a huge impurity in the shaft. I dunno. Maybe they’re good at forged tools most of the time?

Top Bottom