Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

I hate to “Denny” Denny, but your OLS instructions are very slightly off. The instruction is now “make the bottom of your raised foot parallel to the ground”, it is no longer “foot pointed out”.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    Thanks for answering my question. I think some of us worry about failing the initial test due to being old with bad knees etc. It would be a hassle to have a blood draw (I assume this would be at a hospital or clinic) but if you have nothing to hide it's simply an inconvenience.

If you have bad knees, or other medical conditions, the officer will factor that in. Usually, at least how I always did it, I would offer a PBT (portable breath test) at the scene, after SFST. It's not a certified chemical test, it's just a way to judge where you're at. If you blow a 0.00, and the officer suspects you're impaired on drugs, then a DRE gets involved. If you didn't do too bad on the SFST, passed the HGN part, and blow a 0 on PBT, you would probably be let go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    I hate to “Denny” Denny, but your OLS instructions are very slightly off. The instruction is now “make the bottom of your raised foot parallel to the ground”, it is no longer “foot pointed out”.
    Yeah, I found this and thought it was close enough for examples. I cut and pasted these.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

Lol.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    Some of those sobriety tests are rather difficult for an old guy like me with bouts of vertigo and balance that is NOTHING like it used to be. Officer asked me to do a combination of things once, I said "I can't even do that sober!"
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

Hop

User Info Menu

What if someone does this:

I am not your circus pony & don't do tricks. Person then decides to take Kirk's advise and not say anything.

Revere's Riders Instructor - Scored both Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

User Info Menu

If the process takes its course and you did not do well with the initial test and you proceed to a blood draw, who pays for that procedure and testing? I don't do drugs or drink but my physical abilities are not what they used to be. I would gladly take any chemical test, but if I am innocent, I would hope I would not be the one who has to pay to prove my innocence.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    What if someone does this:

I am not your circus pony & don't do tricks. Person then decides to take Kirk's advise and not say anything.
    Then I get a warrant for a blood draw, and I get your blood. I don't need you to do SFST to prove impairment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post
    If the process takes its course and you did not do well with the initial test and you proceed to a blood draw, who pays for that procedure and testing? I don't do drugs or drink but my physical abilities are not what they used to be. I would gladly take any chemical test, but if I am innocent, I would hope I would not be the one who has to pay to prove my innocence.
    The city/state/county will cover it.
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

I am fast approaching my seventh decade on this earth. I have peripheral neuropathy. I couldn’t pass the “stand on one leg” test if my life depended on it. I’m also not sure I can complete the “walk a line heel to toe” test either !

I once heard, perhaps an urban legend, that those of us over 60 can’t be reliably expected to pass either of those tests. The “keep your head still and follow with your eyes only” I could probably do. Seems to me there are some test that aren’t very telling in their based on on certain conditions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amboy49 View Post
    I am fast approaching my seventh decade on this earth. I have peripheral neuropathy. I couldn’t pass the “stand on one leg” test if my life depended on it. I’m also not sure I can complete the “walk a line heel to toe” test either !

I once heard, perhaps an urban legend, that those of us over 60 can’t be reliably expected to pass either of those tests. The “keep your head still and follow with your eyes only” I could probably do. Seems to me there are some test that aren’t very telling in their based on on certain conditions.
    Like I said, that's taken into consideration. The HGN test is a good one for everyone, because no matter how good you are at being a drunk, your eyes give it away.

I had a guy with a B.A.C. of 1.6 walking and talking like a normal guy. Only giveaway was the smell on his breath, and very slightly delayed and slurred speech. But otherwise, you could hardly tell!

If you can pass HGN, don't smell like booze, and show no other signs of impairment, I think most cops would let you go.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast