Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    One of the things I have never understood about drunk driving is the crash survive-ability factor. People who have limited or no injuries in horrific crashes while really drunk.
    "God protects drunks and fools"
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Years ago at a New Years party at my house some kids crashed a car into a concrete culvert at the end of my yard and then were knocking on my door looking for help. No serious injuries, but when I went outside to look at the car it was completely trashed. Kids were all three drunk, when the law, medics and wreckers arrived the cop in charge told me about the same thing Denny just said.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Plinker

User Info Menu

Couple of my co-workers use to work on the Saturday Night Fever FST's. After verbal and physical tests failed, they would ask if the subject could point down towards a rock, then up to a star in sky. Imagine a line of 4 subjects doing a line check(Dance if you want), and if dressed in a white zoot suit, could meet John Travolta? My sides hurt when I witnessed the Travolta Test! Full Moons bring out all kinds!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Not sure why you'd pay anything more than a deductible.
    Homeowners insurance should cover it.
    They have a choice about going after the teens for compensation.

If you don't have insurance, well then, I guess you're paying.

Unless you have a picture or camera footage of who's driving.
    Homeowners insurance may be waiting for auto insurance to close their investigation and submit payment. Sounds like they can't even figure out who was driving.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    Because they don't tense up prior to the crash. They stay loose and roll with the punches.
    When I was 17, on Christmas Eve, I was taking my girlfriend to the late night service at her church when we were hit head on by a drunk that jumped the center curb and slammed into us. We were probably both doing about 40. No serious injuries to my girlfriend or I (it happened so fast I don't think we tensed up, and we had our seatbelts on). I got out of the car and walked up to the drunk's passenger window and he was passed out cold. Empty beer cans all over the car. When the cops got there, I told them I didn't know if he was okay or not and the first thing he said was, "He's drunk. You can't hurt a drunk."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post

Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Marksman

User Info Menu

A Leo in my reserve unit gave me a FST one day out of boredom at drill. Long story short I canít balance or do tricks very well. It was his advice that I just ask to be taken in for the certified breathalyzer. Said trying to do the dog and pony show or a PBT might result in a DUI even if I pass the certified one at the station.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    A Leo in my reserve unit gave me a FST one day out of boredom at drill. Long story short I canít balance or do tricks very well. It was his advice that I just ask to be taken in for the certified breathalyzer. Said trying to do the dog and pony show or a PBT might result in a DUI even if I pass the certified one at the station.
    .PBT results cannot be used against you in court. They are only to confirm the presence of ETOH. I'm not sure why people are afraid of catching a DUI stone sober. If you are not giving any behavior of intoxication (driving or otherwise) I'm not going to have you go through SFST's.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast