Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Link warnings?

User Info Menu

Link warnings?

I'm not sure how to handle this so here it is.
    I almost never have any problems with INGO but when I go to (Hot chicks fishing) from my email, I get a suspicious link warning, how come?
    If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Rom12:18)

KLB

User Info Menu

Could be one of the images posted.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

That's also happened to me, and it seems like random threads where my poor, simple human brain doesn't identify the threat that our overlords operating Gmail have algorithmed for us. I don't get it, either.

User Info Menu

Well with me it just started a month or two back.

User Info Menu

Gmail is a little more strict on what URLs it thinks are legitimate than ingo is. If you're just viewing pics embedded in the ingo site you should be fine. Clicking on links to website URLs you dont recognize is a bit sketchier.

Hop

User Info Menu

Most of the pics in that thread are "hot linked" to other websites. The pictures are not actually sitting on an INGO server, just referenced / displayed here but loading from elsewhere. Probably why you are getting a warning.
    Be glad that 3rd party picture hosting site allows hot linking here so you don't need to visit their possibly malware infected website!

Browse and enjoy the "fish"!

Revere's Riders Instructor - Scored both Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

User Info Menu

I'm confused... Why would you access INGO via your email account? I always just go straight to INGO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I'm confused... Why would you access INGO via your email account? I always just go straight to INGO.
    Because I get a subscription notice through my Gmail acct. and just click on the link.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
    Because I get a subscription notice through my Gmail acct. and just click on the link.
    Oh! I didn't even think of that. That makes sense. I don't ever have more than 1 or 2 that I'm subscribed to, so when I see the email pop up, I just come straight to INGO (which is open all the time on my computer anyhow) and go to that thread.