• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    All, I have been tasked with finding a lighting setup for inside a 53’ trailer. Funds are tight, so trying to find the best bang for the buck. The trailer does not have a power source, so I have to find that as well. I am looking at getting 40 of the lights linked below, powered by the Jackery power supply also linked below. Would this power supply power that many of those lights, and if so, how long? Happy for any other input on better options for light output/dollar.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Bathroom/Optronics/RVILL34.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SM5HBK1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Zb.uDbYVAXEHC

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    What is the purpose of the lighting, meaning is the trailer going to be used as a workshop, storage, or loading and unloading? Is 120 volts available? How long will the lights be on? Is there a chance they will be struck by moving objects? Is the trailer stationary or does it travel? Will it be powered by batteries by the tractor? The last option I would want is RV lights, they are overpriced, don't give much light and are fragile

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    IKEA, of all places, has some really great LED track lighting. It's made for under cabinets, but I have found many many uses for them.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    It will be for a marching band trailer, used for storage/loading/unloading. There will not be 120v available unless it comes from a generator, which isn’t out of the question if that ends up being the best option. The lights will likely only be on for 3-5 hours at most, once a week during the fall. There would be a pretty minimal chance of the lights getting struck by something.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    120V inverters are fairly inexpensive if you don't want to do straight DC power. If you are set on 12V DC, some roper light LED might work well.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    120V inverters are fairly inexpensive if you don't want to do straight DC power. If you are set on 12V DC, some roper light LED might work well.

This is probably the best combo.

You could go with the led strips also if you're confident they they won't get wet, probably more LEDs for the dollar.
    But more LEDs also equals more electrons, so you may need more capacity also.

The inverter(s) will be welcomed for plugging in a radio/speakers/whatever while you're loading/unloading.

Top Bottom