• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    This is the second time that ICE offices have been attacked. There have been multiple doxxings, threats and other forms of intimidation. When will the press and the left be held accountable? This is decidedly not a first amendment issue.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Blaming the press for Unintended Consequences is certainly a 1A issue.

By assuming these results are unintended, you give the press too much credit for honesty and forthrightness.

A simpler restatement: What makes you think these consequences are "unintended"?

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    By assuming these results are unintended, you give the press too much credit for honesty and forthrightness.

Have you read the book Unintended Consequences?

The press wants to make money. They print/televise what delivers eyeballs. Their "honesty and forthrightness" extend just about that far.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    No, I haven't read it and if the basic thesis is your last few sentences, then I don't buy it. Not delivering content that is of interest to half of the country purposely avoids delivering the maximum number of eyeballs. They want to attract views, but only so far as it fits into their narrative.

Prime example: CNN has been shrinking to irrelevance rather than deliver content to attract more viewers.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ah, right. :)

The book, Unintended Consequences, is REALLY REALLY good. And, mostly, a 2A book. I don't recall much of it addressing the liberal media, except that it presents a (IMHO) more accurate view of certain historical events that the media tends to get wrong.

The thematic element of individuals acting out against government agents they view as part of a corrupt organization is central to the story.

I cannot recommend the book strongly enough.

Top Bottom