• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    FTA: "A large police presence responded to a shooting incident in a residential area of the Nicetown section of the city."

Ironic... One would think this type of thing would happen in the ****tytown section of the city.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    link

Shooting seems to be gang related.

Well, if dangerous gangs are there, it pretty much is a ****ty section of the city.

link #2

#Breaking Six officers shot; 1 other injured in an accident. Narcotics Strike Force officers serving warrant when incident began.
    — FOX 29 (@FOX29philly) August 14, 2019

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is it time to send in Boom-Boom the Robot like Dallas PD did?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Philadelphia Mayor calls for gun control after shooting

He will be relieved to know that it was already 100% illegal for the shooter to have the firearms he had.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Ok, I’ve sat on this way too long. I’ve patiently waited for someone to bring this up here and on my soc media accounts, but so far nada. So Ima gonna say it:

Looks like Philly PD finally managed to end a standoff without firebombing the neighborhood. Thank you for your indulgance. I can’t post that on FB, too many sensitive people.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Shooter surrendered around midnight

So, I'm just guessing he didn't buy his guns legally. Just pass some more gun control laws. That'll stop it. :n00b:

Right on cue:

Philly Mayor Calls For Gun Control For Officer Protection — An International Police Union Director Disagrees

“Our officers deserve to be protected and they don’t deserve to be shot at by a guy for hours with an unlimited supply of weapons and an unlimited supply of bullets,” Kenney said during the standoff. “It’s disgusting and we got to do something about it. … We need to do something about it quickly.”

Maybe try keeping ****bags like this in prison when they already have a 27 page rap sheet full of violent felonies and prior gun crimes.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Wowser:
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/p...am-m-mcswain-shooting-six-philadelphia-police

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Thursday, August 15, 2019
    Statement by United States Attorney William M. McSwain on the Shooting of Six Philadelphia Police Officers

What I witnessed last night was true heroism by the Philadelphia police. But the crisis was precipitated by a stunning disrespect for law enforcement – a disrespect so flagrant and so reckless that the suspect immediately opened fire on every single officer within shooting distance. Only by the grace of God did they survive.

Where does such disrespect come from?

There is a new culture of disrespect for law enforcement in this City that is promoted and championed by District Attorney Larry Krasner – and I am fed up with it.

It started with chants at the DA’s victory party – chants of “F*** the police” and “No good cops in a racist system.”

We’ve now endured over a year and a half of the worst kinds of slander against law enforcement – the DA routinely calls police and prosecutors corrupt and racist, even “war criminals” that he compares to Nazis.

This vile rhetoric puts our police in danger. It disgraces the Office of the District Attorney. And it harms the good people in the City of Philadelphia and rewards the wicked.

The alleged shooter last night, Maurice Hill, is a previously convicted felon with a long rap sheet. We have plenty of criminal laws in this City – but what we don’t have is robust enforcement by the District Attorney. Instead, among other things, we have diversionary programs for gun offenses, the routine downgrading of charges for violent crime, and entire sections of the criminal code that are ignored.

The criminal laws in this City – and especially the existing gun laws and drug laws – should be aggressively enforced in order to protect the public and the police. My Office is doing all that we can. We have prosecuted 70% more violent crime cases this year than we did last year, in response to the District Attorney’s lawlessness. But it is now time for the District Attorney and his enablers to stop making excuses for criminals. It is time for accountability. It is time to support law enforcement and to put the good people of this City first.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office, in conjunction with the Philadelphia police and our federal partners, is investigating the horrible events of last night and we are considering all options at our disposal. We will do everything that we can to support our brothers and sisters in the Philadelphia Police Department and ensure justice is done.

To the officers involved last night – those who were wounded and those who rushed to defend them – and to their families, I say thank you. The whole City thanks you. We owe you more than we can ever repay.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok, I’ve sat on this way too long. I’ve patiently waited for someone to bring this up here and on my soc media accounts, but so far nada. So Ima gonna say it:

Looks like Philly PD finally managed to end a standoff without firebombing the neighborhood. Thank you for your indulgance. I can’t post that on FB, too many sensitive people.

They've MOVEd on ;)

Top Bottom