Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coop Movin'

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Just need some aliens and then we are set.
    I meant historical history, not "History channel" history. LOL
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

Whatever you do, think it through and be as safe as possible. Having an accident will cost much more than doing the move safely. I speak from experience and am reminded everyday by the ache and pain of a broken leg and ankle. Nine years later I regret being impatient and not having a good plan.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    Get a few pieces of probably 3” or 4” PVC pipe and cut slightly wider than your skids. Roll the thing on the pipe and just keep moving the last piece of pipe to the front once you get past it. Would probably use 8 or so pieces if it were me.
    This.

This method with 3/4” dowels is how I moved my 1200lb safe through the house.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
    Whatever you do, think it through and be as safe as possible. Having an accident will cost much more than doing the move safely. I speak from experience and am reminded everyday by the ache and pain of a broken leg and ankle. Nine years later I regret being impatient and not having a good plan.
    That thinking kinda rules my ideas out.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

4" round wooden fence posts will take the weight and can be used for something else later. Set up some temporary runners in the correct direction, roll the coop up on the posts with the jeep and put it where you want it. Good luck.
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    This.

This method with 3/4” dowels is how I moved my 1200lb safe through the house.

Yup, we used some conduit I had laying around.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Well, that mother clucking coop is in its new home. Good grief...

Started here:

Ended up here:

Hires a young guy to move it for me. He did the "Egyptian" thing with PVC rollers. Took him 6 hours (pretty much all day Wednesday) to move it. THAT is why I hired it. I don't have the time or ability right now.

Wife and I spent another 3 hours using smaller rollers and my Hi-Lift to get it the last 6 feet and positioned, and then buttoned it up enough to get by for a couple of weeks. Still need to finish painting and clean up around it.

Long term plan is an "open top" run to the right of the closed run. Smaller flower and veggie garden in front. And re-populate the flock after the Great Coon Massacre of 2019. But... that can wait until after Labor Day.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    I meant historical history, not "History channel" history. LOL
    "Tonight on Ancient Aliens: Was earth visited by a race of alien chicken farmers?"

User Info Menu

Looks great. Glad the move went well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    Well, that mother clucking coop is in its new home. Good grief...

Started here:

Ended up here:

Hires a young guy to move it for me. He did the "Egyptian" thing with PVC rollers. Took him 6 hours (pretty much all day Wednesday) to move it. THAT is why I hired it. I don't have the time or ability right now.

Wife and I spent another 3 hours using smaller rollers and my Hi-Lift to get it the last 6 feet and positioned, and then buttoned it up enough to get by for a couple of weeks. Still need to finish painting and clean up around it.

Long term plan is an "open top" run to the right of the closed run. Smaller flower and veggie garden in front. And re-populate the flock after the Great Coon Massacre of 2019. But... that can wait until after Labor Day.
    Looks great! And good idea hiring (most of) it out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast