Surprised They Don't Ask For A Pat Down Of The Officers....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [FONT=&quot]First, please refrain from wearing firearms to our meetings. It is insensitive, triggering and intimidating to some of the attendees.[/FONT]

Well... yeah...

Also, I tune out immediately and discount every word that comes out of your mouth after you use "triggering".

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    [FONT=&amp]https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/indiana/in-code/indiana_code_35-44-1-3-2

I.C. 35-44-1-3-2(b)

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp](b) A person who:
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] (1) knows that another person is an officer; and
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] (2) knowingly or intentionally takes or attempts to take a firearm (as defined in IC 35-47-1-5) or weapon that the officer is authorized to carry from the officer or from the immediate proximity of the officer:
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] (A) without the consent of the officer; and
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] (B) while the officer is engaged in the performance of the officer’s official duties;
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] commits disarming a law enforcement officer, a Level 5 felony. However, the offense is a Level 3 felony if it results in serious bodily injury to a law enforcement officer, and the offense is a Level 1 felony if it results in death to a law enforcement officer.[/FONT][/FONT]

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I think I would feel safer at the community meetings if the people who are unhappy with armed police officers didn't attend the meeting.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I think I would feel safer at the community meetings if the people who are unhappy with armed police officers didn't attend the meeting.

Did you mean persons with known criminal history? In South Bend that'd probably reduce the refreshment budget at these get togethers drastically.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "What we do know is the insensitivity and intimidation of firearms during a community dinner and during the small group discussions of police misconduct, claims of use of excessive force, and even, a current investigation and pending litigation for the potential wrongful death or manslaughter of Eric Logan by former officer Ryan O’Neill."

Guns be scary, yo! :rolleyes:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    "What we do know is the insensitivity and intimidation of firearms during a community dinner and during the small group discussions of police misconduct, claims of use of excessive force, and even, a current investigation and pending litigation for the potential wrongful death or manslaughter of Eric Logan by former officer Ryan O’Neill."

Guns be scary, yo! :rolleyes:

I bet the guns don't be so scary, yo, when THEY are the ones wielding them. Just another attempt to ensure they have the upper hand.

Also, I hope the police brass don't order the officers to attend disarmed. Having been part of the police brass in a former life, I've seen that kind of nonsensical directive once or twice (but, of course, not MY department :whistle:).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bet the guns don't be so scary, yo, when THEY are the ones wielding them. Just another attempt to ensure they have the upper hand.

Also, I hope the police brass don't order the officers to attend disarmed. Having been part of the police brass in a former life, I've seen that kind of nonsensical directive once or twice (but, of course, not MY department :whistle:).

Exactly. I've noticed that the ones complaining the loudest about the police are people that have had reason to interact with the police. Funny that!

Top Bottom