Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Naive?

Yeah right.

Gold plated Navy Seal Taurus you selling in classifieds?

User Info Menu

I'm sure she just wants someone to love... long time!
    "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?!?!"

User Info Menu

I post songs on a streaming site, everytime anything new is posted, and within moments of posting, there’s at least a dozen new followers and likes, all female. The problem is, I can see that they never listened to what was posted. I never respond or follow them back, and after a week or so, their followings are gone. I know a lot of other musicians who get the same thing on their pages.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

User Info Menu

I have been active on LinkedIn for many years now. I use it to stay in touch with people I have worked with from former jobs. I typically don't "link" with people I currently work with since they can see me or talk to me easily enough at work.

I do have a lot recruiters and Asian tool builders try to link in with me. I check their site (easy enough to do) and if they appear legit, I link them.

Knock on wood I have never had any issues but I have decided to ignore a few that seemed shady when I went to their page.

Oh, and if I don't see any kind of professional potential benefit to linking with them, I don't.

It is becoming a necessary tool in the times we live in if you are looking for a job. A guy at my company just got cut and he was told by a company that was interested in him to get his LinkedIn page updated and a current resume on it. And he was told he should get some endorsements written and posted.

A lot of jobs now are either done through a recruiter or you apply through a company portal. Key word searches, all kinds of algorithms take the personal touch out of the initial contact. Having a LinkedIn page gives them something to look a little closer.

I'm in sales. I use it to check out buyers I deal with to gain some knowledge. Knowing where they lived, went to college, etc. helps with ice breakers and finding commonality to build a relationship. Yeah, stalking, I know.
    Last edited by gregkl; 4 Weeks Ago at 20:32.
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Some of you be regular users of LinkedIn. I joined last August in order to facilitate my job search after my then-impending layoff was announced. Fast forward to today and I am still using it on a daily basis to network and search for jobs.

So today get a connection request from someone named "Aliyah”.
    She attempted to connect with me also. I declined because I’m currently employed and only accept connections from people I already know. I almost texted and asked who she was.

If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    She attempted to connect with me also. I declined because I’m currently employed and only accept connections from people I already know. I almost texted and asked who she was.
    She must be trying everyone!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

You came up as a “mutual connection”.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

User Info Menu

Just wanted to be your friend and you turned them down..... You're So Mean!
    Why did you turn her/him down....er, if you don’t mind me asking?

I signed up on LinkedIn years ago to mess with an old friend I knew was on there. I couldn't think of a good cover so I went with Buck Rogers. An Astronaut, with NASA, and all the fixins. So I got my info from my friend, I left and didn't think much of it.

Little did I know, LinkedIn sends me announcements every time my name is mentioned in articles or speeches or meetings. Apparently Buck Rogers is talked about at least a few times a month among the "Space" people. I've also had requests (or whatever they call it) from people in the aerospace industry, physicists, rocket scientists, etc... Who knew Buck was still so popular?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    You came up as a “mutual connection”.
    Apologies! I fixed that.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

“She” is really Krishna and pleased to be so sextortioning you
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast