• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    That's what I learned from the vid.

[video=youtube;9PrGGy3WrgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PrGGy3WrgI[/video]

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So is having a lawn considered green privilege? I guess depending on how well one does or does not maintain it, it might wind up being brown privilege.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You must live in town. Out here it's "watch your step, we have 3 dogs"! 'course it helps that the back yard is 3 1/2 acres!:thumbsup:
    Our back yard is about 1/2 an acre, and my two tend to use the 40 or 50 feet closest to the house, so it gets "cluttered". I usually just pick it up before I mow for the most part (unless it's winter, or really dry like now and I'm not mowing as often), then I try and do it about once a week.

I always get that line from Joe Walsh's "Ordinary Average Guy" running through my head while I do it...

"And every Saturday we work in the yard. Pick up the dog doo, hope that it's hard. We're just ordinary average guys." :):

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Behind ever blade of grass is a racist looking for racism.

When are these idiots going to die off and how do we keep the from reproducing until then?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Our back yard is about 1/2 an acre, and my two tend to use the 40 or 50 feet closest to the house, so it gets "cluttered". I usually just pick it up before I mow for the most part (unless it's winter, or really dry like now and I'm not mowing as often), then I try and do it about once a week.

I always get that line from Joe Walsh's "Ordinary Average Guy" running through my head while I do it...

"And every Saturday we work in the yard. Pick up the dog doo, hope that it's hard. We're just ordinary average guys." :):

Back in the day we lived on a city lot, I used to pay the neighbor hood kids $5 to fill up one of those double sized corn flakes box. I usually never had any kid offer to do it twice though for some reason. And I hear ya on the 40 or 50 feet, 3 1/2 acres and they only seem to use the 1/2 acre immediately adjacent to the house.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I cnnot believe this went to 13 posts without

[video=youtube;NelBNtNm8l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back in the day we lived on a city lot, I used to pay the neighbor hood kids $5 to fill up one of those double sized corn flakes box. I usually never had any kid offer to do it twice though for some reason. And I hear ya on the 40 or 50 feet, 3 1/2 acres and they only seem to use the 1/2 acre immediately adjacent to the house.

I just rubber band a plastic grocery bag on my right hand (after checking to make sure there are no holes in the bag!) and carry another one in my left hand. As far as the area of coverage, in the winter, or when it's really raining a lot like this spring/early summer, then the "debris field" is smaller, which is good and bad. Good is that I don't have to search the whole yard, bad is that I don't get the chance to stand up straight! :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hate yard work. It was the first thing I contracted out when I could even though my lot is a pizza slice on a hill (tiny lawn).

Now I want a 28 acre lot with no trees and just lawn to **** off those brown stone dwellers in Brooklyn who want to tell me what to do.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Racist? Are they joking? That's so 2015.

Everyone knows that all people who enjoy their lawns are white supremacists.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Right now my lawn is dry.

Sometimes it's green.

This winter it will be white part of the time.

It's a lawn, nothing more.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You guys should have seen California back when we had a "Drought" and cities would come around and ticket you for washing your car, hosing your walkways/driveways, filling your pool, watering your lawn, etc... Everyone's grass died and turned brown.

Then there were companies (I kid you not) that would "PAINT" your lawn green for you. They were handing out business cards and they would put little signs up on lawns they did already. :n00b:

It was a very weird place to live.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I just rubber band a plastic grocery bag on my right hand (after checking to make sure there are no holes in the bag!) and carry another one in my left hand. As far as the area of coverage, in the winter, or when it's really raining a lot like this spring/early summer, then the "debris field" is smaller, which is good and bad. Good is that I don't have to search the whole yard, bad is that I don't get the chance to stand up straight! :):

71KY%2B632-rL._SY606_.jpg

Top Bottom