Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Estes Park Vacation: What should we “not miss”?

After years of the beach, we’re finally doing something different! Estes park 9/25 ~ 10/8!

Lots of research & making list of things to do, see, & trails to hike. Quick search shows some INGO peeps are for those parts, & others have vacationed there.

So INGO, what are some must see areas, trails, etc?
    What chains can hold belongs to man, the rest belongs to God! - Joshua Gianavel

User Info Menu

I'll be reading this.
    I'm retired and looking for places to go inside the US that my wife would enjoy.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I just came back from working near there for 2.5 years. Absolutely wonderful.

In the evening herds of elk wander down into the east end of town near the lake just across from the stables.
    you can actually park there, get out of the car and watch them and they will walk by within 20 yards of you.

Rocky Mountain Park is gorgeous. Try to take the old original road up to the top (it’s marked on the map you get when you enter)

Not too far west on 70 is Idaho Springs.
    This has Mount Evans. When you drive to the top. You will be as the highest paved location in North America.
    Eating beavers just to help save trees.

User Info Menu

About 1hr45min south, near Golden, is Buffalo Bill Cody Museum and Grave (Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave - Golden, Colorado). In Golden is the Coors brewery, where you can take a tour...decent way to kill a couple hours. I am always out there in the winter for skiing, so haven't gotten too far off I-70.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

The motorcycling in the area is fantastic, too bad you’re not taking advantage of that.

There are two distilleries in Estes Park.
    The Stanley Hotel where The Shining was filmed/set.
    The drive on Hwy 34 to Loveland is nice just for the windy road.
    Eating beavers just to help save trees.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The Wild Basin area in Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park has several good hiking trails. There are ranger stations throughout the park where the park rangers and/or volunteers can steer you to good hiking trails.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation!

Expert

User Info Menu

Make sure u go white water rafting on the Arkansas river. If you do a lot of hiking download alltrails. It works great when u lose signal. Great place to retire. Super nice people and safe. Enjoy.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Several years ago we went horseback riding just east of town up into the hills. Guided ride. They cooked us a chuckwagon breakfast at the top. Not sure what the name of the place is anymore.
    Dave

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'll be reading this.
    I'm retired and looking for places to go inside the US that my wife would enjoy.
    Hating you, just a little bit.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The time seems late in the year for high mountain traveling. Even in July/August we would keep an eye on the weather forecast. I remember going over Beartooth in late July on the motorcycle and running into a snow storm. Was in the low ninties in Red Lodge, MT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast