• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Just noticed my ac lines at my house are frozen. Are there any hvac people here that can tell me what’s goin on? Low refrigerant? I turned the system off because I assume that it’s bad that it’s frozen. Was cooling fine until this happened.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Just noticed my ac lines at my house are frozen. Are there any hvac people here that can tell me what’s goin on? Low refrigerant? I turned the system off because I assume that it’s bad that it’s frozen. Was cooling fine until this happened.

as said above....dirty filters low on freon make sure your blower is running.....turn the ac off switch the fan switch on t-stat from auto to on and let it thaw out if it freezes again call for service ...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    as said above....dirty filters low on freon make sure your blower is running.....turn the ac off switch the fan switch on t-stat from auto to on and let it thaw out if it freezes again call for service ...

This.

How old is the unit. If it an older unit running on R-22 and it is leaking this is a great time to look into replacing it. The freon (R-22) is being phased out and is stupid expensive.
    If it is a newer unit operating on 410-A and it is low on gas repairing it is an option.

As stated look at the filter. Make sure the return air vent is not blocked off or vents are closed.
    Hope it is the filter.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Filter is pretty clean. Not sure how old it is but I do know it’s r-410a. I don’t know if there’s a filter in the blower/furnace part. I’m HVAC challenged.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Filter is pretty clean. Not sure how old it is but I do know it’s r-410a. I don’t know if there’s a filter in the blower/furnace part. I’m HVAC challenged.

Just 1 main filter or a couple in return grills if yours is set up that way.

Blower running up to speed...???

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I sounds like the blower is running up to speed but I’m not certain. I’m gonna have to have someone look at it, you CM have seen the furnace once before a while back when you came to get a couple p07 mags. I hate having to have the “pros” look at it because I know so little about how it all works I’m paranoid that ill get “misguided”. I’ve been building houses for a while and HVAC is one thing I never learned.

Top Bottom