Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: HVAC question

User Info Menu

HVAC question

Just noticed my ac lines at my house are frozen. Are there any hvac people here that can tell me whatís goin on? Low refrigerant? I turned the system off because I assume that itís bad that itís frozen. Was cooling fine until this happened.

User Info Menu

Following

Expert

User Info Menu

Low Freon or low airflow.
    Check your filter, check for closed vents.
    Let it thaw and see if it does it again.

User Info Menu

Check your coil as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chenowethpm View Post
    Just noticed my ac lines at my house are frozen. Are there any hvac people here that can tell me whatís goin on? Low refrigerant? I turned the system off because I assume that itís bad that itís frozen. Was cooling fine until this happened.
    as said above....dirty filters low on freon make sure your blower is running.....turn the ac off switch the fan switch on t-stat from auto to on and let it thaw out if it freezes again call for service ...
    "I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghitch75 View Post
    as said above....dirty filters low on freon make sure your blower is running.....turn the ac off switch the fan switch on t-stat from auto to on and let it thaw out if it freezes again call for service ...
    This.

How old is the unit. If it an older unit running on R-22 and it is leaking this is a great time to look into replacing it. The freon (R-22) is being phased out and is stupid expensive.
    If it is a newer unit operating on 410-A and it is low on gas repairing it is an option.

As stated look at the filter. Make sure the return air vent is not blocked off or vents are closed.
    Hope it is the filter.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Filter is pretty clean. Not sure how old it is but I do know itís r-410a. I donít know if thereís a filter in the blower/furnace part. Iím HVAC challenged.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chenowethpm View Post
    Filter is pretty clean. Not sure how old it is but I do know itís r-410a. I donít know if thereís a filter in the blower/furnace part. Iím HVAC challenged.
    Just 1 main filter or a couple in return grills if yours is set up that way.

Blower running up to speed...???

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

I sounds like the blower is running up to speed but Iím not certain. Iím gonna have to have someone look at it, you CM have seen the furnace once before a while back when you came to get a couple p07 mags. I hate having to have the ďprosĒ look at it because I know so little about how it all works Iím paranoid that ill get ďmisguidedĒ. Iíve been building houses for a while and HVAC is one thing I never learned.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

PM sent....

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ