• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    My wife's Caddy blew radiator or hose in Plainfield. It will take coolant, run 2 miles, then blow it all out somewhere under the car.

I need a good auto shop in Plainfield. Perhaps a tow truck.
    Any recommendations?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've had good luck with Dan Jones automotive in Avon next to Diamond Collision.

I'll second that, Steve and company are way too busy to not be good. They take care of my old Ranger.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I’ve been using Brownsburg Muffler since I was a teenager, they have always done well for our family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    This sounds pretty serious.

We've had 4 Caddys over the last 26 years, all have suffered with the same problem. This was just the latest. Water pump goes out. New pump, new pulley, new belts, tow truck bill. I know a dealer servicing will cost more, but when these things happen 60 miles from home on the way to the airport, your choices are limited. Estimate was for $1100. My wife loves her car, me....not so much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We've had 4 Caddys over the last 26 years, all have suffered with the same problem. This was just the latest. Water pump goes out. New pump, new pulley, new belts, tow truck bill. I know a dealer servicing will cost more, but when these things happen 60 miles from home on the way to the airport, your choices are limited. Estimate was for $1100. My wife loves her car, me....not so much.

Couple of friends had used caddy's that the spouses wanted. They became problematic when the miles racked up on them. The water pump issue was one of them.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I hope it’s not a Northstar V8 !

Great engine on paper it used torque to yield head bolts and over time the heat cycles and high compression 10.0 + caused blown head gaskets. It was all aluminum block with steel liners sometimes the threads on the head bolts will strip out when they were factory assembled. The head bolts would also corrode in the block basically letting the head lift.

I used to buy them at auction for about 1/4 of blue book then pull the engine install inserts in the heads new gaskets replace engine. I could do it in a full weekend working about 12-14 hours a day.

Great for making money I would never own one.

BTW

I also would buy the 5.4 and V10 Ford pickups and SUV,s for about peanuts and fix the blown out spark plugs with inserts and sell them for profit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hope it’s not a Northstar V8 !

Great engine on paper it used torque to yield head bolts and over time the heat cycles and high compression 10.0 + caused blown head gaskets. It was all aluminum block with steel liners sometimes the threads on the head bolts will strip out when they were factory assembled. The head bolts would also corrode in the block basically letting the head lift.

I used to buy them at auction for about 1/4 of blue book then pull the engine install inserts in the heads new gaskets replace engine. I could do it in a full weekend working about 12-14 hours a day.

Great for making money I would never own one.

BTW

I also would buy the 5.4 and V10 Ford pickups and SUV,s for about peanuts and fix the blown out spark plugs with inserts and sell them for profit.

When we did the plugs on the daughters 5.4 Ford van I held my breath. It went well but I warmed the engine to operating temps so the plugs stood a much better chance.

Top Bottom