Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think parents need to get their heads out of their collective asses and pay attention to their kids. Maybe if Demanding Moms that Need Some Action would focus on that instead of trying to take guns away from those of us are responsible, they might get to the real problem.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Thug life. It’s so appealing.
    Yep! I'm a badass.

I think parents need to get their heads out of their collective asses and pay attention to their kids. Maybe if Demanding Moms that Need Some Action would focus on that instead of trying to take guns away from those of us are responsible, they might get to the real problem.
    Can't teach what you don't know. DMTNSA, :lmfao:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    That’s the problem. WHAT parents? Most kids only have a momma, and she’s usually not a parent!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Do we know yet if the students had an evil plan or did they bring guns to school to protect themselves against the evil. :dunno:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with how they want to (not sure how to word this) baby everyone.
    Like just last week on the bus, my son was being picked on by a kid older than him. My son is a 1st grader and the other kid was a 4th grader. He was calling my son all kinds of names and after about 20 minute he had enough and slugged the kid. When I was growing up that would be the end of it. Even the principals and bus drivers would have told the bully he got what he deserved, but now my son got in trouble and the bully got nothing out of it.

Maybe if they would let the kids stand up to the bullies and sort it out on their own we would have less escalation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with how they want to (not sure how to word this) baby everyone.
    Like just last week on the bus, my son was being picked on by a kid older than him. My son is a 1st grader and the other kid was a 4th grader. He was calling my son all kinds of names and after about 20 minute he had enough and slugged the kid. When I was growing up that would be the end of it. Even the principals and bus drivers would have told the bully he got what he deserved, but now my son got in trouble and the bully got nothing out of it.

Maybe if they would let the kids stand up to the bullies and sort it out on their own we would have less escalation.

We all know where this idiocy comes from. Hard to discuss it in open Forum and on Ingo. Decorum and all but I have watched this PC Bravo Sierra come to be and take us over. It is total Bravo Sierra.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Hate to say it, but why are you still sending your kids into that kind of system?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hate to say it, but why are you still sending your kids into that kind of system?

To some there are no alternatives. What would you do. Fair question actually.
    We sent our 2 kids to the private Catholic system and sometimes we wonder why we went to all of that trouble and expense.
    Many can not afford to or have the option to home school or do private school.

In the end this is the world these kids will be living in. To hide them from it until they have to go out in it is doing them no favors.
    I was bullied every day of my life until 12/13 years old. I was fortunate that my uncles saw it and set me on a different path. But I survived it. Even getting beat up by 2 girls more than a few times and the ridicule that followed that. Life is tough. Very tough.

Alternatives.....????

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand

Well being divorced I don't have much choice. My ex wouldn't go for home schooling I'm sure, and I would probably have to quit the job I have now to do it anyway.

Top Bottom