Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 128
  1. #1
    Grandmaster ChristianPatriot's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Is Darwinian Evolution going extinct?

    Modern science and mathematics suggests maybe it is.

    https://youtu.be/noj4phMT9OE
    Don't practice until you do it right; practice until you can't do it wrong.

  2. #2
    Master shootersix's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    why yes it is!, considering that we have to "tell" people not to do things, it only means the gene pool with contiue to filled with...how do i say this without offending a certian "type of people"...i guess the easiest way to say it so "they" dont understand, would be to say..."intelectually challenged"...you know...MORONS!

    you have to say things like
    "i know they look good...but dont eat tide pods"
    and
    "i know you think it might be fun...but dont get out of a car while its moving and dance"
    and quite possibly my favorite
    "dont fight with a police officer...it will be your fault if he shoots you"

    being that we have to tell people those things, it only means that "dawins theory" will end...and "idiocaracy" wont be comedy...it'll be a documentary
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

  3. #3
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Haven't watched the video, but I will say this just for fun: natural selection isn't evolution. Never was.

    it is the elimination of traits incompatible with survival due to the dying off of genetic lines with those traits, not the development of new traits that enhance survival.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Haven't watched the video, but I will say this just for fun: natural selection isn't evolution. Never was.

    it is the elimination of traits incompatible with survival due to the dying off of genetic lines with those traits, not the development of new traits that enhance survival.
    I'd say they go hand in hand though. By eliminating less desirable traits, that encourages the development of more desirable traits. A kind of refinement if you will.

  5. #5
    Expert dsol's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Nature eliminates the stupid. But the stupid breed faster.

    Then government came along and made the stupid a protected species to keep a steady supply of voters.
    Nature eliminates the stupid, regrettably the stupid breed faster.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I'd say they go hand in hand though. By eliminating less desirable traits, that encourages the development of more desirable traits. A kind of refinement if you will.
    Not really. Nothing new is developed. The genetic lines that are left had the more desirable traits, otherwise they would have died out. The traits were always there. What we see is a higher proportion of animals with the desirable traits because their competition has died out. I would agree that the dying out of those animals with less desirable traits makes way for those with more desirable traits to thrive, but no new traits spring into existence.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Not really. Nothing new is developed. The genetic lines that are left had the more desirable traits, otherwise they would have died out. The traits were always there. What we see is a higher proportion of animals with the desirable traits because their competition has died out. I would agree that the dying out of those animals with less desirable traits makes way for those with more desirable traits to thrive, but no new traits spring into existence.
    But which animals are more likely to develop new traits? Those with desirable traits or those with the weaker undesirable traits? I think it would be the former, if the tendency is toward improvement and increased survivability...

  8. #8
    Expert NKBJ's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The process we are going through is more akin to animal husbandry than evolution.

  9. #9
    Grandmaster Leadeye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Charlie codified what we already knew, if you are better than your competitors, you prosper and they don't.

    I'll say it's really hard for a human being to grasp the idea of 70 million years after watching the tape.
    Last edited by Leadeye; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:07.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

    Marvin the Martian

  10. #10
    Grandmaster ChristianPatriot's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I do hope some of you actually watch the clip someday
    Don't practice until you do it right; practice until you can't do it wrong.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge