• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’ve posted about this before and purchased a gallon of Pasture Pro after reading through the thread. I was going to spray one of the pastures this evening and looked at the bottle for the mixing instructions. Yeah.....one gallon (@$95.00) treats less than a quarter acre. Ain’t happening in this lifetime. I can’t afford $800 to spray the pastures.

Sooo.....any more reasonably priced alternatives out there that work decent?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't know how dense the weeds are, but I use Roundup and spot spray it to control weeds and invasive plants.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I’ve posted about this before and purchased a gallon of Pasture Pro after reading through the thread. I was going to spray one of the pastures this evening and looked at the bottle for the mixing instructions. Yeah.....one gallon (@$95.00) treats less than a quarter acre. Ain’t happening in this lifetime. I can’t afford $800 to spray the pastures.

Sooo.....any more reasonably priced alternatives out there that work decent?

Find the ingredients for the pasture pro and source the name brands elsewhere, maybe?

I've always used roundup and just reseeded. Or the tiller behind the tractor and THEN reseed it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Find the ingredients for the pasture pro and source the name brands elsewhere, maybe?

I've always used roundup and just reseeded. Or the tiller behind the tractor and THEN reseed it.

This is really good advice and over the longer term the best thing to do.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Do you know any Vegans?

yYXfVZF.gif

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Get a goat or two. When we had them they always went for the weeds first. I remember having to re-stake them before I got on the school bus. Then moved it again when I got home. Cleared the fence rows out like a charm.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    How did she apply it?
    Spray bottle or pump sprayer... check out YouTube for some pretty solid results from folks using this on the patio and driveways. Not for sure how far it will go on a whole pasture, but vinegar is cheap at Sams Club.

jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    2,4-D kills the broadleaves and leaves the grass. Much cheaper than the pasture pro and cheaper than the vinegar. The vinegar works for spot spray but for acreage it's to costly and impractical.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    1 gallon of white vinegar, 1 cup of salt and a tablespoon of dish soap. Grandma used to swear by it for weeds.

This works if you want to kill everything AND don't want anything to grow back for many years. The longer you want it deaded, the more salt you add to the formula

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Not familiar with Pasture Pro, are you sure it isn't a concentrate for that price?

Anyway, head to your local TCS and pick up a jug of 24D LV ester, which is a concentrate. I run about 4 oz per gal.

It is spendy but it works.

Top Bottom