By chance, does anyone in Marion or surrounding Counties have a....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Fito or any other brand, forward peddle crank, extended frame, mens, 26 inch bicycle that I could try for fit?

I have been unable to find any bicycle that fits me well enough to ride.

A Beach Cruiser comes closest and I have been looking at a Fito, Marina, 7 speed, but they are only sold online and if I send it back because it doesn't fit then I have to pay shipping and a 20% restocking fee which can be pricey.

So if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have a Trek if you want to try it, but they don’t make it anymore. They quit when they bought Electra.
    I believe Bicycle Garage Indy carries Electra. The forward crank model is called the Townie.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I missed that, I didn't know Trek made a extended frame model. I'll look it up and get back to you.

Firmstrong and Sixthreezero still catalog extended frame bikes.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I recently picked up an Electra Townie and am very happy with it. The forward pedal position felt weird at first but I quickly adapted and it is very comfortable. It limits your speed as the angle means you can't lean forward and "sprint". But it is much more comfortable. I bought the model with a chain guard, fenders and built in LED lights that run off a generator built into the front wheel hub.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I recently picked up an Electra Townie and am very happy with it. The forward pedal position felt weird at first but I quickly adapted and it is very comfortable. It limits your speed as the angle means you can't lean forward and "sprint". But it is much more comfortable. I bought the model with a chain guard, fenders and built in LED lights that run off a generator built into the front wheel hub.

I was actually going to pick up a Townie, but ran across a deal on the Trek.

Top Bottom