2014 Corvette Stingray LT3 (L7 body style)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    No, not mine, but my 39 yr. old daughter who lives below Nashville, TN.
    I taught her to drive a manual on an 1979 MG convertible.
    For college, I bought her a manual Toyota SR5 (I think), an uncommon little sporty car that I didn't even know existed.
    She had an Infinity G37 6 spd. manual with retractable hardtop for 7 yrs.
    See a pattern here?
    She was willing to give up a manual this round.
    I hate the stripe.
    She loves the stripe.
    My wife hates silver cars. With red interiors: I like.
    I told her she was just trying to be popular with her teen kids.
    Since we are going down to TN & AL for a wedding I said I was looking forward to being with her but b/c of those stripes I have lost all heart of wanting to come and visit. :rofl:
    You got to be tough in our family with my humor. (daughter gets me) :rockwoot:
    The top is targa-style and lifts out and fits in trunk.
    Better than a softtop in my opinion.
    It has 27k miles on it.
    It was the only one in the US that had everything she wanted on it, but husband only had to drive 6 hrs. down to Mobile, AL to get it.
    Since it was not at a Chevy/Corvette dealership, she was able to get better pricing on it.
    It cost $30,000 less than new ($67,000), which is about right for a 5 yr. old car .
    Price will drop after the L8 comes out, though.
    She bought it at $8k under retail, and they gave her NADA value for her car as trade ($8100), so they didn't screw her in the trade-in.
    I've always warned her about the rape of the trade-in or how they pump it up by just not coming down as far as they would have.
    I think she could have got the car for $2-$3k less if she would have sold her car herself, but most just don't like doing that: it is a hassle, but when I sold my 05 Corolla, someone from INGO bought it: wonderful to see someone get your car that is in perfect condition that you "know."

lg3daU1.jpg
    buvyL9H.jpg
    0LV539P.jpg
    A3VI2Ak.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm not a huge fan of Corvettes in general, but I have always liked the Stingrays. My uncle had a 70s model in the garage forever. I don't think it ever ran, but even as a kid I thought it was sexy just looking at it parked.

I dig your daughter's, even with the stripes.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a huge fan of Corvettes in general, but I have always liked the Stingrays. My uncle had a 70s model in the garage forever. I don't think it ever ran, but even as a kid I thought it was sexy just looking at it parked.

I dig your daughter's, even with the stripes.

I have a friend that has had all the generations of 'Vettes, even the lousy '94-'95, and of course his family of friends.
    Some park then in their garage, others, like my daughter, drive them as work cars.
    I'll pass on your approval of the stripes, since she's not getting mine. :laugh:
    I'd better watch my attitude or she won't let me drive it with her 100 miles down to Huntsville for the wedding (she already has our daddy/daughter time planned out)! :rockwoot:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Not a vette guy either but that looks sharp. This weekend is the 25th anniversary of the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky. She should make a run up there.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Usually dont see a whole lot of women driving corvettes. Usually its the males trying to make up for their inadequacies elsewhere :whistle:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not a vette guy either but that looks sharp. This weekend is the 25th anniversary of the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky. She should make a run up there.

I have been driving by there for 46 yrs and always said I'd stop.
    My friend with a history of 'Vette ownership went down with another 'Vette friend years ago and really enjoyed it.
    If I remember correctly, he said that they will let you drive your 'Vette on their test track, but maybe I heard what I wanted to hear and/or have my stories mixed up. :dunno:

Usually dont see a whole lot of women driving corvettes. Usually its the males trying to make up for their inadequacies elsewhere :whistle:

I never thought about it, but you're right.
    Miata was known as a woman's car in fact "Friends" did a show once having fun with it, but I know lots of guys in my S2KCA car club that own Miatas and track them.
    I guess the fun is, you can run them wide open the whole time, of course most of them jazz up the engines some.
    A friend of mine was going to buy an Honda S2000 in Nevada, and everyone at work made fun of him when he drove one to work, saying it was a woman's sports car.
    I laughed and told him I knew of hundreds, and there were thousands of owners in the Club, and there was only a handful of women who were active in the Club.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    71RgEeznFVL._SL1200_.jpg

After the third row in this picture, I lost interest. About the time they morphed from Corvettes into Camaros (and not the good kind of Camaros - the 1980's Camaros).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A Corvette without a Stick?
    Blasphemy!
    Might as well eat a Corn Dog without Mustard. :n00b:

That's how I have always felt about a roadster and its tranny.
    The Honda S2000 only came with a manual and it would have sold better with the option of an automatic here in the States.
    The designer stuck to his guns about that. They did lower the RPMs from 9k to 8k after a couple of years, and changed the gearing and other tweaks to make it more driver-friendly to the urban driver.

I'm getting old, and at this point I could trade my 240hp manual for:

The 2014 Corvette Stingray's all-new LT1 6.2L V-8 engine is SAE-certified at 460 horsepower (343 kW) at 6,000 rpm and 465 lb-ft of torque (630 Nm) at 4,600 rpm, with the available performance exhaust system.

Especially with that torque.
    But, I would have to learn how to manipulate those dang new-fangled paddle shifters! :laugh:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You guys know I “hunt” Corvettes on the Parkway / I 69 in KY?

Most are easy marks not many Corvettes wanna get get it on and back off about 130 ish.

CD46E954-D0AB-43F1-97A7-C79D2683CABD.jpg

Nice Corvette I like the stripe!

Her Father taught her well!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You guys know I “hunt” Corvettes on the Parkway / I 69 in KY?

Most are easy marks not many Corvettes wanna get get it on and back off about 130 ish.

View attachment 79625

Nice Corvette I like the stripe!

Her Father taught her well!

I didn't get my "dream" car until about 56 yrs. old.
    She got hers at 39.
    Can't wait to see what she's driving in her 50s.
    This will be her 40s car.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Cool car! I am on my fifth vette it is a roadster but an auto tranny. Yes there is inadequacies, it is a left knee that does not function well enough to work a clutch anymore. Long live the plastic cars!

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I’ve always liked the Corvettes. I’ve liked the Mustangs a little more though. I’ve not owned a Corvette yet.

I do like the C7 style, and the new C8. The only style I wasn’t thrilled with was the C3s.

I sometimes like stripes on sports cars. Her car looks nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Cool car! I am on my fifth vette it is a roadster but an auto tranny. Yes there is inadequacies, it is a left knee that does not function well enough to work a clutch anymore. Long live the plastic cars!

I have issues with my left leg, and I can see that happening in due course of time, but I've had nothing but manuals in my personal cars since '98, so I've had a good run with them since I started out driving manuals since 13 yrs. old with VWs (1965).

I’ve always liked the Corvettes. I’ve liked the Mustangs a little more though. I’ve not owned a Corvette yet.
    I do like the C7 style, and the new C8. The only style I wasn’t thrilled with was the C3s.
    I sometimes like stripes on sports cars. Her car looks nice.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've mentioned to my wife about getting a Mustang convertible.
    I drove one when my son was shopping for a convertible a few yrs. ago.
    I friend of mine in S2KCA sold his Honda S2000 and bought a Mustang to enjoy for something different.
    Since I'm retired, I doubt I'll take the plunge in buying another convertible.
    In my near future I'll be dropping some money into my S2000: the usual clutch and some axle cups and maybe a new ragtop.
    I'll end up having to keep it (in my mind) to get my money's worth out of it.
    If I had a 3 car garage, I'd probably have a Wrangler or something else for fun that was different.
    I wanted to buy one of my friend's Corvettes the last two that he updated, but timing was off, and now he's driving a 2014 C7, so I'll never afford it.
    His previous 'Vette had 130k miles on it and he bought it for $7500, kept it 3 yrs. and sold it for $10K.
    I was hoping to buy it off him for less than the $7500 he paid when he was done with it. :dunno:
    It had a paint job on it that was awesome: done right, the expensive way.
    It would have been a great car for a third bay in the garage (if I had one). :laugh:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Man.

My dad had 2 Corvettes over the years. His first, which he bought when I was in HS, was a 1980 with the L-82. Looked good. But it was a turd.

His second one, which he bought about 8 years ago, I think, was a 1996 Collector Edition, 6 spd, adjustable suspension, LT-4 / 330hp engine. It was 1 step below the Grand Sport. He sold it about 6-8 months before he died last year. I never did get to drive it.

So - imagine my surprise when I spied just the briefest glimpse of a silver late-90's era Corvette in a neighbor's garage as his door was lowering. A few texts later, and my neighbor apparently bought himself a 1996 Collector Edition silver Corvette. His new car is not my dad's old car, though. I was pretty excited for a bit, though.

And another of my neighbors (also a gun guy) has a frame-off restored 1963 split window coupe. Black on black. Oh man is it ever gorgeous! I think his is a pretty basic model and not "special" as some of them were with the larger engines. But, still. If he ever gets into a jam financially, he can sell that one and make a quick $60-70k.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A friend I used to work for 30 yrs. ago in the summers has always had a 'Vette.
    This is his 2014 Supercharged Vette with every option on it.
    He's had it for a year & dearly loves it. (I told him he should keep his other 'Vette & pay off his house). :laugh:
    He picked me up this am to drive to my son's house to put in a bid for some work & I got to drive back from Westfield: nice!
    Supercharged with its hp is a little over the top compared to the 240 hp I'm used to in my Honda S2000.

XJUFMnF.jpg

NTEYPcq.jpg

Mk3sqWc.jpg

Top Bottom