• ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So Varicose Veins can be deadly. Who knew. :dunno:
    (the left) Will they ban chickens now?

(the right) Or just let people know they should probably wear socks and to be vigilant.

....the aggressive rooster attacked her lower-left leg. The woman collapsed, with an autopsy later revealing two small lacerations on her leg, including one on a varicose vein....

'Rooster pecked woman to death in 'rare' attack, report says'

NsUJ9FK.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/health/rooster-pecked-woman-death-freak-attack

Why haven't we seen similar incidents like this before? And if she was bleeding from her leg, couldn't she have bandaged it up and seen the doctor in time? Maybe she hit her head when she fell? Maybe the sight of blood made her pass out and the Mad Cock finished her off.
    People survive limbs being ripped off so what really happened here?

They left a bit out I think.

Has anyone seen 'AngryRooster' lately?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hey, any blood vessel can bleed and ones without working valves can bleed a lot if you don't elevate them...but they don't generally bleed quickly.

Yes....I had a varicose/insufficient vein case.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My Mom is on all sorts of blood thinners and medications and anything above a minor scrape can turn into something serious in a hurry... A few weeks back her nose just started bleeding out of the middle of nowhere and wouldn't stop. That was an ER visit and it took them 5 hours to get it to stop.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My Mom is on all sorts of blood thinners and medications and anything above a minor scrape can turn into something serious in a hurry... A few weeks back her nose just started bleeding out of the middle of nowhere and wouldn't stop. That was an ER visit and it took them 5 hours to get it to stop.

I'll bet you're right. Medication could have been a factor.

I had forgotten about "Bleeders" as my family calls them.
    If I start popping IBUs I try to keep my activities with sharp things to a minimum. Even just driving to the store, I've thought twice about it. Imagine dying because of a minor fender bender with a small head injury that won't stop bleeding.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'll bet you're right. Medication could have been a factor.

I had forgotten about "Bleeders" as my family calls them.
    If I start popping IBUs I try to keep my activities with sharp things to a minimum. Even just driving to the store, I've thought twice about it. Imagine dying because of a minor fender bender with a small head injury that won't stop bleeding.

Even then, it takes a long time to bleed out. Plenty of time to get help. Something more is going on here.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hey, any blood vessel can bleed and ones without working valves can bleed a lot if you don't elevate them...but they don't generally bleed quickly.

Yes....I had a varicose/insufficient vein case.

So....
    Did you bleed them dry or give them a Cleanup [STRIKE]Clause[/STRIKE] Gauze?

Top Bottom