• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I ordered a tailgate brake light bar for my pickup and it arrived this evening. They shipped this thing in a heavy duty shipping tube (1/4” walled tube!) and reinforced it by zip tying two 1.5” strips of wood along the length of it. Somehow though, USPS managed to **** it up and bend it nearly in half. Obviously the contents were destroyed and are unusable. I told the mail lady as she was walking up the driveway with it to just keep it and return to sender because it was clearly destroyed. She told me no and that I should take it to a post office. At least the company is making it right and sending me a replacement and a return label.

C0D395B0-05EB-466A-9737-AB0AFFF66400.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They clearly thought your tailgate needed a set of handle bars...

Normally it's FedEx that does me like that, except the box would be empty in addition to being destroyed.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The carriers could give a crap. Personal experience.

When I first moved in here I managed to catch my mailman while I was home, introduced myself, and give him a $5 tip (what I had) while telling him that I work postal carriers pretty hard because I get a LOT of packages. No problems with USPS in the 2 years I've been here. Guy was really happy that someone appreciated him.

So... I learned that bribery does work on government officials.

wingrider1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I ordered a tailgate brake light bar for my pickup and it arrived this evening. They shipped this thing in a heavy duty shipping tube (1/4” walled tube!) and reinforced it by zip tying two 1.5” strips of wood along the length of it. Somehow though, USPS managed to **** it up and bend it nearly in half. Obviously the contents were destroyed and are unusable. I told the mail lady as she was walking up the driveway with it to just keep it and return to sender because it was clearly destroyed. She told me no and that I should take it to a post office. At least the company is making it right and sending me a replacement and a return label.

View attachment 79766
    I knew some kids who worked part time at UPS while going to school. We we talking about damaged goods (fishing rods), when I was informed that anything marked fragile got a little extra attention, but not in a good way. Some more of the sad truth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I first moved in here I managed to catch my mailman while I was home, introduced myself, and give him a $5 tip (what I had) while telling him that I work postal carriers pretty hard because I get a LOT of packages. No problems with USPS in the 2 years I've been here. Guy was really happy that someone appreciated him.

We had 2 of the very best carriers back to back. 1st one was a racing buddy of mine. He took very good care of us. Next one was just a good guy. I gave him a tub style freezer and even delivered it for him. He took very god care of us. Then a string of idiots. We miss at least 1 bill every month and get someone else mail a few times a month. Right address wrong street.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Bribes always work.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So you're saying your carrier DELIVERS your mail? What a concept.....

I had an email the other day that my package had been delivered to my front door at 10:48 a.m. It was finally in the mailbox at about 3 p.m. I knew it was pointless to call and complain, but I was pretty impressed that it arrived the same day. My mailbox is NOWHERE CLOSE to my front door since our driveway is about 800 feet long.

I often get delivery confirmation saying it is here, and then I get it days later.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We had 2 of the very best carriers back to back. 1st one was a racing buddy of mine. He took very good care of us. Next one was just a good guy. I gave him a tub style freezer and even delivered it for him. He took very god care of us. Then a string of idiots. We miss at least 1 bill every month and get someone else mail a few times a month. Right address wrong street.
    Growing up our address was Rural Route 1. No box number, just Rural Route 1. The mail carrier went to school with my Dad, the sub was a cousin of Grandma. I'm afraid those days are over.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I won’t even order from a company that only ships Fedex. Brownells may be an exception since they’re quick to ship replacements after Fedex screws up.

You don't always know or have a choice... I ordered 3 of these from Sam's (along with a toolbox, so it was about 300-400lbs of stuff):

https://www.samsclub.com/p/ultra-heavy-duty-storage-cabinet/prod1490064?xid=plp_product_1_15

And ALL of it came with damage... The toolbox getting the best end of the deal because it was the best packaged, so I lived with it, the cabinets were all roasted in one way or another. They arrived FedEx (drop shipped, no choice). OK then... Sam's says to contact the manufacturer, so I do. Extremely helpful, "we'll get the replacement parts sent right away!", and they do... Keep in mind each one of these things, and their packaging, fills up my entire living room during assembly, so I only unpack and assemble them one at a time... (also fills my garbage can and 2 extra 50 gallon bags with trash, each).

About half of the replacements are also damaged. So around and around we go for the next 2 months as I finally get an acceptable amount of replacement parts (while building out what I could in the process, and filling the curb with trash every week, and filling my phone with pictures of mangled sheetmetal). In total, I have 11 damaged panels to these things in my basement, 4 or 5 of which are stainless doors (complete with full length piano hinges, handles, locks, mechanisms, etc, etc). In my last 3 or 4 communications with the company, I began to beg them not to ship them FedEx, even at my expense... Nope... All FedEx, 50% or greater all f'd... Some of them had foot prints on them!

I really like Seville's products (I own many), and the company is fantastic to work with, but good God... they need to move off of FedEx. I liked it a lot better when they carried these in the stores, but now they carry a cheaper version for the same price!

About anything else I order that might come FedEx is ammo, and that's generally pretty hard to screw up (so far) because I buy cases. They band it together and haul it to the door with a dolly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I had an email the other day that my package had been delivered to my front door at 10:48 a.m. It was finally in the mailbox at about 3 p.m. I knew it was pointless to call and complain, but I was pretty impressed that it arrived the same day. My mailbox is NOWHERE CLOSE to my front door since our driveway is about 800 feet long.

I often get delivery confirmation saying it is here, and then I get it days later.

Ours was doing that for a while. They'd scan the delivery as they threw them on the truck. (out for delivery/delivered scans were minutes apart, but I'm 15 mins from the PO) Some days they actually got to us the same damn day.

For me Fedex actually is more reliable than UPS for damage issues.(fedex uses more automation and less idiots throwing boxes) One time I tried shipping a big server back to my office from the field via UPS. The original server arrived on site in a big box with custom folded spacers to simulate a pallet so a rabbit jack could be used. it was glued/stapled to the rest of the box.

I put the old server in the new box and had it shipped home. Apparently at some point, it arrived at a depot upside down and the jackwagon unloading the truck decided to pick it up by those handy handles. Sadly halfway through the throw the bottom of the box separated from the top, and the server went crashing to the ground. By the looks of it, it was a long way down as there was MASSIVE damage to the server case.

It wasnt a big deal because the server was being recycled, but still.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

My old mailman did crap like that, including mis-delivering mail to a gross extent. I finally gave up and got a PO Box. It was awesome. My packages never got rained, I never had to worry about theft, and if they ever weren't there (which never happened) there would have been hell to pay at the post office since THAT was their final delivery location. It was like $7/mo. If I had any problems now, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've had fun with all of them. UPS occasionally sends things to wrong places, sometimes in bizarre, incomprehensible ways. FedEx breaks things. USPS, recently I had a substitute for a couple of weeks. Now, this happened twice, mind you. I stood at the window and watched the carrier put my mail in the box. When I retrieved my mail, it included one of those "we missed you" slips for packages. While I was at the post office doing the carrier's job, I took the opportunity to fill out the complaint form and speak to the nice manager.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have any of you actually been inside one of these facility's while they are full on Gung-Ho rolling. I have. Both UPS and Fed-X. Servicing the HVAC equipment. Makes you cringe watching the lift drivers. The people are being pushed constantly to get more done. After a while they stop caring I guess. UPS is very bad about this. Or it was when I was taking care of the Indianapolis facility's.
    Fed-X ground facility was a mad house. Head on a swivel or get run down.

Not making excuses. This is the result of the On line ordering world.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I've had fun with all of them. UPS occasionally sends things to wrong places, sometimes in bizarre, incomprehensible ways. FedEx breaks things. USPS, recently I had a substitute for a couple of weeks. Now, this happened twice, mind you. I stood at the window and watched the carrier put my mail in the box. When I retrieved my mail, it included one of those "we missed you" slips for packages. While I was at the post office doing the carrier's job, I took the opportunity to fill out the complaint form and speak to the nice manager.

At my old house we had similar problems from the regular guy. He flat refused to get out of the truck. If there was a package or signature-required item, he’d just put the notice in the box and move on. I complained over and over again, as did my neighbors. The postmaster eventually told us our complaints wouldn’t change anything because this guy had like 30 years on the job and what he was doing was not something he could be disciplined for.

Top Bottom