Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    2nd!

edit: Now that the spot is secured... I need to be packing up my garbage, cleaning up my mess in Mom and Dad's basement, and heading back back home soon-ish. Not looking forward to a real 5 day work week... :(

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back. And I just royally screwed up my mower. Was putting back the brake/reverse rod that goes into the pedal which is the brake and also the reverse on my mower when it bound and the rear linkage by the back axle snapped. Gonna try JB Weld, but I think this might require a trip to the shop. :crying:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Back. And I just royally screwed up my mower. Was putting back the brake/reverse rod that goes into the pedal which is the brake and also the reverse on my mower when it bound and the rear linkage by the back axle snapped. Gonna try JB Weld, but I think this might require a trip to the shop. :crying:
    Well that just sucks.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Before you cover it in epoxy and potentially make the repair harder in the long run, is this something you can take off and run up to a welding shop to get stuck back together?

I volunteer CM to fix it for you.:stickpoke:

...then it will be a "racing" mower. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Before you cover it in epoxy and potentially make the repair harder in the long run, is this something you can take off and run up to a welding shop to get stuck back together?

I volunteer CM to fix it for you.:stickpoke:

...then it will be a "racing" mower. :)

I have no idea. It looks like a part that should come off but I don't even know what it's called so I'm having trouble looking up any "how to" information on it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no idea. It looks like a part that should come off but I don't even know what it's called so I'm having trouble looking up any "how to" information on it.

If it broke that easily then no. Epoxy will not hold it.
    If you get it off and it is not just crap pot metal bring it to me. I will see if we can weld it for you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is the broken piece (where my fingers are):

0yPx8J9.jpg

This is how it needs to go together:

6rU3zNa.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If it broke that easily then no. Epoxy will not hold it.
    If you get it off and it is not just crap pot metal bring it to me. I will see if we can weld it for you.

I don't know how to get it off. It looks like a roll pin holds it to the shaft going through it at the bottom (see pics above) but I can't get a punch and hammer on it in that tight space to even get that to budge.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK.....the roll pin that is center in the shaft. It is in the slot on the broken lever. Use a proper punch and remove it. Then the piece will come off.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    In!

You should be able to find a parts diagram online and look up what the part is called. I do it all the time for the hubby....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OK.....the roll pin that is center in the shaft. It is in the slot on the broken lever. Use a proper punch and remove it. Then the piece will come off.

My mower guy is coming tomorrow. He's probably got the proper tools to get it off, and he has a welder guy. Just frustrating. I was SO close to getting it all put back together. That was the last step and I forced it. :wallbash:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My mower guy is coming tomorrow. He's probably got the proper tools to get it off, and he has a welder guy. Just frustrating. I was SO close to getting it all put back together. That was the last step and I forced it. :wallbash:

OK that’s good. Just trying to help.
    Sounds like you need to get some tools or take a reduction in man card points :lmfao:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom