List of alternatives to Walmart, Kroger ect, ect.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Peapod and Amazon Delivery.

Aldi, Meijer, and your local independant grocer.

Super Target, Whole Foods and others have long been anti-freedom, but if the point is to pull business away from the likes of WalMart, they are options.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks, mostly Grocerys but could be anything knowing the wife.
    I think businesses should stay out of the political fray altogether, it's a lose, lose proposition for them and everyone else.

This entire thing is a cover your butt legal move put out by the corporate attorney's. Follow the money.

But yes, I agree with you.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    While the boycotts are great, supporting those companies that stay out of politics and don’t infringe on our rights is important.

Spend your time writing Meijer, Aldi, etc. thanking them for following local/state laws instead of making up their own policies. Thank the store managers in person.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I think it is a good thing to thank a manager and even email corporate people. I would not however, not thank them while having an open carry of any kind.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Message submitted on Meijer website. Hope they resist the urge to follow the other sheep farms.

I want to thank you for continuing to focus on providing good products at a reasonable price and good service. As your competitors decided to step away from those core concepts and delve into politics and social issues more of my money will now be spent at Meijers.

I like that you follow state and local gun laws rather than making up store policies that make the news but do little to protect customers and staff. If your customers feel they want different laws they should address those changes with their lawmakers rather than private businesses. I appreciate that I have the ability to protect my family and loved ones in compliance with local law as your choices for security may differ from mine.

I hope that you do not jump on the "do something" bandwagon with new policies that would "do nothing" to prevent the events that triggered the sudden reaction of your competitors.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I really thought it would be pretty inconvenient to give up Wally mart. Turns out I was incorrect. Aldi, while having a smaller grocery selection, has much better quality in their store brands, and if you're buying a whole week's worth of groceries, you will save some money. Plus, they have actual, friendly human beings to ring you up.
    I shifted my prescription purchases to C.V.S. Looks like I'll have to rethink that. To be fair, I never had too many gripes with Winchester's Wally mart pharmacy. I buy my dog food from a dollar store or one of the farm stores in town, Up till the wife and I separated I was going through a 50 lb bag of dog food a week. That's 1200.00 per year they lost in dog food alone. Tools and "man stuff" I buy from the Farmland hardware store, or Gilman's, or one of the farm stores. The last piece of the puzzle has been motor oil and automotive supplies, as the local Autozone is just not competitive on oil or filters, and the guys at Napa act like they're too good to serve a piker like me. I love to support the Farmland auto parts store, but they're not always competitive, either. I'm hoping the new O'Reilly's will increase competition a little. I haven't bought anything shooting related from Wally mart for some time. If I need something, Trigger sports on N. Main st. either has it or will order it, and 8 times out of 10 it's at a better price

All in all, it's been several weeks since I've darkened their doorway, and several months before that.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm curious; how many pro-boycotters open carry? I've seen exactly zero open carry's in the past year and possibly two and I do get off the homestead pretty regularly.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    I'm curious; how many pro-boycotters open carry? I've seen exactly zero open carry's in the past year and possibly two and I do get off the homestead pretty regularly.

I've seen reports say about 2% of the population carries and of that, less than 1% do on a daily basis. With how many people say OC is bad because CC has a "tactical advantage" and it is ingrained into them, I'd be willing to bet, less than 0.0001% actually OC.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've seen reports say about 2% of the population carries and of that, less than 1% do on a daily basis. With how many people say OC is bad because CC has a "tactical advantage" and it is ingrained into them, I'd be willing to bet, less than 0.0001% actually OC.

I pull my shirt over my gun but the muzzle still sticks out a bit. What does that count as?

Top Bottom