Photo Bucket has become a poor host for pictures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I was using Tinypic but they have since switched to charging per month and since Ingo is the only place I need a 3rd party host Im not paying.
    Ive been using Imgbb and other than them putting a link to an ad under your pic its really simple. I like it a lot more than tinypic and it allows you to download several pics at once and with one link downloads them all at once.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'm not a social media genius but still figured out Imgur very quickly and it's easier than photobucket ever was.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was using Tinypic but they have since switched to charging per month and since Ingo is the only place I need a 3rd party host Im not paying.
    Ive been using Imgbb and other than them putting a link to an ad under your pic its really simple. I like it a lot more than tinypic and it allows you to download several pics at once and with one link downloads them all at once.
    Pretty sure with IMGBB you can delete the ad link after your pic is uploaded, at least, you used to be able to, it's been a few months since I've used it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I use imgshare

Posted an ad earlier and the pics kept getting removed. Went with imgbb and no issues. Went back to one of my active older ads and that pic was gone too.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    PB still has hundreds if not thousands of my pictures held hostage when overnight they changed to a pay site. I couldn't afford the ransom. My pictures could all be dead by now. Not knowing is the hardest part.... :crying:

Bastards!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    PB still has hundreds if not thousands of my pictures held hostage when overnight they changed to a pay site. I couldn't afford the ransom. My pictures could all be dead by now. Not knowing is the hardest part.... :crying:

Bastards!

You can still download them to your phone.... I think. I did that the first time screwed with everyone.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You can still download them to your phone.... I think. I did that the first time screwed with everyone.

Really?
    I haven't been on there since they told me I had to pay for access. That was ages ago. Now I'll need to dig out my password and try to remember which email I used back then.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im even fighting my paid hosting service. It doesnt want to play nice with INGO. I can hotlink files from other web servers, but my web server just doesnt want to allow hotlinking on any of the newer files.

Seeing what the support engineers say. But based on my testing, its a combination of INGO and my host.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Im even fighting my paid hosting service. It doesnt want to play nice with INGO. I can hotlink files from other web servers, but my web server just doesnt want to allow hotlinking on any of the newer files.

Seeing what the support engineers say. But based on my testing, its a combination of INGO and my host.

Be truthful.
    Just tell them INGO is a Gun site so they'd better back the **** up........ or else. :draw:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't used photobucket for a couple of years at least, but they've been sending me "warning" emails telling me I'm over my limit for a free account. I just delete the emails. I only use imgur now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    never keep anything online that isn't backed up on at least one physical device that you own.
    hard drive, CD, DVD, whatever.

Top Bottom