In-Remembrance-September-11-2001-Patriot-Day.jpg

Feel free to share thoughts, stories and pictures. :patriot:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not surprised my Brother Sylvain was the first one to get it started.

It honestly seems like yesterday and 18 years ago at the same time. Never ever ever will forget the fallen and their families. Never.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not surprised my Brother Sylvain was the first one to get it started.

It honestly seems like yesterday and 18 years ago at the same time. Never ever ever will forget the fallen and their families. Never.

Well it's the 11th already here. :)

Some pictures apparently never published before today ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Ground-Zero-wake-9-11-ahead-anniversary.html

I like that picture.
    It gives you a sense of how many first responders were involved.Firefighters, police, EMS, physicians, construction workers, looks like some military folks as well (national guard maybe?) ...

18291102-7447023-image-a-7_1568104701822.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sylvain is a good American on the inside!
    I still say we need to bring Sylvain here to the USA. I'll even be willing to trade in a dozen or so illegals to their home countries to make room for him.

I'll still never forget how eerily quiet it was afterward when the planes were grounded. We just didnt realize how much background noise those high altitude, out of sight aircraft generate. You dont think you would hear them from that distance, but apparently you do. Its just not perceptible. I hope no generation ever hears that level of quiet again.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I was a freshman studying broadcasting at Vincennes when it happened. I had no tv or anything in my room due to my dorm mate being an idiot and being moved. I still remember letterman opening his show after days of constant news on broadcast tv. Silence with the American flag and the show title. Nothing else. I don’t think that there has been a more united America since 9/12/11.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It is very likely, in the next 12 monthe, a soldier will be deployed to Afganistan who was not yet born when the attacks occurred 9/11/01.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    18 years later and still screwing around with a bunch of sand jockeys that lift their robes to **** sheep...if they're good.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I was at Southport Presbyterian Christian School in second grade. We watched on TV and prayed together. I can remember our teacher trying to hold it together while she tried to explain what we were seeing. We watched the coverage until lunch and again when we returned to the classroom after lunch. It's the only day I really remember from that year.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Never forget. Teach the next generation.

Yesterday my kids and I read a book about the Twin Towers. It was the basic history of them. Today, we will watch a few select videos and look at some of the aftermath pictures. I explained why the terrorist hated us yesterday. Today will be how America came together, for a few years at least.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Teach your children, remind your family, friends, and colleagues of what this day means.

On 9/11 I worked for the 10th largest aircarrier in the US. I watched as our enemies used the tools of my profession as weapons against our Nation.

Eighteen years ago, September 11th, 2001 our World changed. This was “my” generations Pearl Harbor, against a far more elusive enemy.

Remember…

North Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 11 into floors 93 through 99 of 1 World Trade Center (North Tower). The 76 passengers and 11 crew members on board and hundreds inside the building are killed instantly. The crash severs all three emergency stairwells and traps hundreds of people above the 91st floor.

South Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 through 85 of 2 World Trade Center (South Tower), killing the 51 passengers and nine crew members onboard the aircraft and an unknown number of people inside the building. The impact renders two of the three emergency stairwells impassable and severs a majority of the elevator cables in this area, trapping many above the impact zone and inside elevator cars.

Attack at the Pentagon

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 77 in to the Pentagon. The 53 passengers and six crew members on board perish. The crash and ensuing fire kill 125 military and civilian personnel on the ground.

United Flight 93

United 93 was climbing to cruising altitude, heading west over New Jersey and into Pennsylvania. At 9:25 am, Flight 93 was above eastern Ohio, and its pilot radioed Cleveland controllers to inquire about an alert that had been flashed on his cockpit computer screen to "beware of cockpit intrusion." Three minutes later, Cleveland controllers could hear screams over the cockpit's open microphone.

Todd Beamer told Lisa Jefferson (a United Airlines Customer Service agent) via AirCell that the passengers were planning to "jump on" the hijackers and fly the plane into the ground before the hijackers' plan could be followed through. Beamer recited the Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalm with Jefferson, prompting others to join in. Beamer requested of Jefferson, "If I don't make it, please call my family and let them know how much I love them." After this, Jefferson heard muffled voices and Beamer clearly answering, "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll." These were Beamer's last words to Jefferson.

When the plane's voice data recorder was recovered, it revealed pounding and crashing sounds against the cockpit door and shouts and screams in English. "Let's get them!" a passenger cries. A hijacker shouts, "Allahu akbar". Lebanese terrorist Ziad Samir Jarrah repeatedly pitched the plane to knock passengers off their feet, but the passengers continued their assault and at 10:02:17, a male passenger said, "Turn it up!" A second later, a hijacker said, "Pull it down! Pull it down!" At 10:02:33, Jarrah was heard to plead, "Hey! Hey! Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me."

The plane crashed into an empty field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 580 miles per hour, killing everyone on board. The plane was twenty minutes flying time away from its suspected target, the White House or the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. According to Vice President Dick Cheney.

(With thanks to Wikipedia)

Before the attackers plan could be completed the everyday American’s on flight 93 had already began to fight back. Like the Militia members at Concord’s North Bridge, when attacked American’s rose to the challenge. We haven’t stopped since.

REMEMBER!!!

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I was getting off shift from the firehouse and had a 6 hour drive to take. All I got was radio reports for those 6 hours...
    On a side note, and I really mean a side note. Did anyone else notice that there is nothing on Google's main page about the attacks? I've seen Google honor all sorts of people and dates... hmmmm

Top Bottom