• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Spending time visiting with friends in Cincinnati.
    Going to the Ark in KY today.
    Aquarium had neat tunnels where the fish (some 4-5 feet) swam not only on the sides but overhead on the ceilings.
    It looked like you could almost reach up and touch them as the swam by.

lbmmFMJ.jpg
    yEU3HnB.jpg
    Qpx34rh.jpg
    Oz0Uz0h.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I took my kids there over the summer. It's a pretty decent aquarium. Not the best, but better than most.

The shark bridge is fun.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We went down one weekend last year on "Princess Saturday" or some such nonsense. The place was over run with screaming little girls in their fairy costumes. (Is it ok to say fairy?). I'm not a "children" person but it was my fault, I toughed it out and learned to check calendars in the future to see if they have anything special going.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sounds like a place I need to visit as I will be visiting down there fairly often.

Enjoy the Ark. It's impressive. I went the year before last. My son lives in northern KY and is a web content developer for Answers in Genesis, so he is on the team handles the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum web presence.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's actually a pretty decent aquarium, we'll definitely go back. The one down in the Pigeon Forge area is a good one too if you're ever in the neighborhood.

Pigeon Forge is decent, smaller than Newport if I remember correctly, but it's been 11 years since I was there.

Georgia Aquarium is the best I've ever been to. That place is huge. They have 4 whale sharks, Manta Ray's, giant grouper. It's pretty amazing.

I used to go to the Baltimore Aquarium in Inner Harbor a lot as a kid and went back a couple of years ago. I don't think they have renovated a single exhibit in 20+ years. That place has really turned into a dump.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm pretty sure it was at Newport they have "penguin encounter" which (for extra money) you get to go to a room behind the scenes and meet a penguin personally, pet it and all.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Shedd in Chicago is worth seeing.

It is an impressive place. Not much to see though. Other than people. We stood in line outside over an hour and a half to get in. Then once in there were so many people we didn't really see much else. Cool building anyway.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is an impressive place. Not much to see though. Other than people. We stood in line outside over an hour and a half to get in. Then once in there were so many people we didn't really see much else. Cool building anyway.

Never go on weekends, "free days" or in the summer. Same goes for all the big Chicago museums.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    . . . but not worth going to Chicago (to me).

1. Exactly. I have been there decades ago when friends live there, but didn't like it at all.
    2. When my friends today mentioned other places to go in future summers, they suggested Chicago.
    3. I protested.

I'm pretty sure it was at Newport they have "penguin encounter" which (for extra money) you get to go to a room behind the scenes and meet a penguin personally, pet it and all.

4. It was closed to the public since the penguins were sleeping, something about adjusting their internal time-clock.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1. Exactly. I have been there decades ago when friends live there, but didn't like it at all.
    2. When my friends today mentioned other places to go in future summers, they suggested Chicago.
    3. I protested.

4. It was closed to the public since the penguins were sleeping, something about adjusting their internal time-clock.

Damn that DST!! ;)

Top Bottom