I was bored. So I learned to do a Rubik’s cube.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Back in high school I got down to about 40 seconds, but I don't think I've tried one for 30 years. I do have some interesting ones, like 4x4x4 and 5x5x5, and a 3x3x3 with sudoku numbers on it instead of colors. Someday maybe I'll get into that one. There are videos of people doing them very quickly blindfolded, but it's a trick. They start with a solved one and scramble it, then reverse the video.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Back in high school I got down to about 40 seconds, but I don't think I've tried one for 30 years. I do have some interesting ones, like 4x4x4 and 5x5x5, and a 3x3x3 with sudoku numbers on it instead of colors. Someday maybe I'll get into that one. There are videos of people doing them very quickly blindfolded, but it's a trick. They start with a solved one and scramble it, then reverse the video.

I had a fluke one that was like 1:17 but it was a lucky scramble.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I solved Rubiks cube in about 40 seconds in high school as well. Did it with a huge crowd watching cheering me on. Man, I was a nerd back then. My wife still says “I’m married to a geek” sometimes.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I never solved one the traditional way, at least not quickly. I'd just fiddle with it until I got it, though that might take quite a while...

Well, I did solve it pretty quickly once--but I took it apart and put it back together solved. Only took me about 45-50 seconds.

Does that count???

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now Learn the 4x4, 5x5 and the 6x6... once you learn the moves for those you can solve any square rubix
    The odd number cubes only need a couple more algorithms than the 3x3. The even numbers run into some other special cases. And then there are the picture cubes where you need to control the rotation of the centers as well.

Top Bottom