• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My daughter and husband both work midnight shifts. They have to be up to get their son off the bus, but they have an ability to sleep through their alarm clock. I'd like to set up a loud ass siren that I could set off through wifi. Anyone have any ideas.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm seeing some kind of Rube Goldberg contraption, triggered by the initial alarm going off, leading to a large bucket of water being dumped on the sleeper. You might contact Purdue. I think they still have an annual contest for these things, and maybe they'd let you keep it when they're done!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You have a husband? I never suspected. :faint:
    Took me a second as well to diagram that one.

My first thought was "Rookie's a girl?" Then I thought Well, this IS the 21st century so maybe he's gay and I just didnt realize it? Then I read it again and realized its rookie's granddaughter they need to get from the bus stop.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Like this? Not wifi, but in theory would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Shak...ocphy=9016148&hvtargid=pla-592690303097&psc=1

An iphone (alarm feature) rigged to a stereo amp and the dial turned to 11 could also work.

From the Amazon link: "Wake by Super Bed Shaker & Extra-Loud Buzzer. Both vibrator and buzzer of LIELONGREN Digital Alarm Clock are 3-Level adjustable. You can easily set it to wake to Vibrator, Buzzer or Both."

Alex, what is "How Mom's Demand Action members start their day?"

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The problem is that, for some reason, they're not responsible/smart enough to always set their alarm. I don't understand this, my alarm is set every day and I don't ever mess with it. Anyway, if they don't wake up, I have to drive to their house to wake them up. I'd let them sleep in and miss work but it doesn't solve the problem of their son being stuck at school. So, I want something that I could set off and raise the dead.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I used a wearable alarm clock for the deaf and hard of hearing.
    Kind of a "soap on a rope" that vibrated like hell.
    Had an earsplitting alarm that all but the actual stone deaf could hear... but didn't use that since the objective was to let the Mrs sleep while I woke up.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If your husband's sleeping with your daughter, I think you have bigger problems than an alarm clock. :n00b:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Get a decent Bluetooth speaker, sync it to their phone. Make sure the volume is all the way up. Set their alarm...something loud, like maybe a warning klaxon or something.

They WILL wake up.

I don't know how you'd do it remotely though.

Top Bottom