• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Stopped in Gander Outdoors over in Greenfield this afternoon and they're having a sale, 15% off guns, ammo and clearance items, 40% off everything else. Runs till Sunday and not clear if it's a going out of business sale but some pretty good deals to be had.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I would be shocked if this is them closing. The new version of Gander is quite improved (in my estimation).

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I would be shocked if this is them closing. The new version of Gander is quite improved (in my estimation).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ib...tailer-looks-close-37-locations-2826523?amp=1

I can only say that, talking to a sales rep seems to jive with them "clearing inventory" to make way for rv sales. I was told a months back that the Castleton store closed because they couldn't sell rv's. They haven't restocked some ammo they normally carry in the last few weeks and people were buying in a frenzy. Either way, I plan on going back on Saturday or Sunday to get a few more deals.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I expect many of the stores will be closed. Lot of change going on in this business. Pretty sure bankruptcy said they had to keep 17 or 18 Gander Mountains open when Camping World bought them. Then you throw in the fact Nascar is leaning anti gun....and Camping World is a major sponsor. Who knows how this plays out.....CWH stock has been taking a beating, many people calling for it to never survive. They had 91 "Old" Gander Outdoors stores June of 2018, now they have 76. They make $6 Billion a year and lose money every stinking year! Marcus keeps cashing in though.....

Top Bottom