• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So we do not have a lot of choices for groceries, things that we do not grow or raise on the homestead. Due to their partnership with Bloomberg I have a hard time wanting to spend any money in their store. So that leaves Aldi's and Publix. We get some things at Aldi's canned goods etc, chicken, beef are raised at home and transition to freezer camp as needed.

But still that leaves a big void in things like Cheese etc we tried the House Brand at Aldi and it is not the same as Kraft for things like pizza. So say I refuse to shop at Walmart and I would like some things for instance a box of Propel for bottled water. Cost at Walmart $1.98, cost at Publix $3.00 for the same package. Putting aside the fact that I do not need some cute girl in yoga pants taking my groceries to my car, Is it really worth it to not shop at Walmart and Pay an additional $1.02 for one item?

Additionally would one household really affect Walmart's profit margin?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So we do not have a lot of choices for groceries, things that we do not grow or raise on the homestead. Due to their partnership with Bloomberg I have a hard time wanting to spend any money in their store. So that leaves Aldi's and Publix. We get some things at Aldi's canned goods etc, chicken, beef are raised at home and transition to freezer camp as needed.

But still that leaves a big void in things like Cheese etc we tried the House Brand at Aldi and it is not the same as Kraft for things like pizza. So say I refuse to shop at Walmart and I would like some things for instance a box of Propel for bottled water. Cost at Walmart $1.98, cost at Publix $3.00 for the same package. Putting aside the fact that I do not need some cute girl in yoga pants taking my groceries to my car, Is it really worth it to not shop at Walmart and Pay an additional $1.02 for one item?

Additionally would one household really affect Walmart's profit margin?

You have cute girls in yoga pants that carry your groceries to your car? Obviously I'm shopping in the wrong places.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Stupid needs to hurt. The only way to hurt Walmart is their bottom line.

It's really not about one household, it's about all of them that care about the Second Amendment vs the ones that make excuses not to.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah you do not have Publix in Indiana, it quite the sight to see all the older male seniors all seem to shop there for one or two items and always need carry out service.

I have a feeling if we did, we'd get girls that look more like they came from the "People of Walmart" memes of girls that are wearing yoga pants that really shouldn't. :):

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Well actually it is about one household, do you think they would even notice not getting our business? We have not shopped there since their little stunt. Nor have we stepped foot in a Target store.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...do you think they would even notice not getting our business? We have not shopped there since their little stunt...

If EVERYONE concerned for the Second Amendment refuses to shop at Walmart, they will have no choice but to notice.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If EVERYONE concerned for the Second Amendment refuses to shop at Walmart, they will have no choice but to notice.

Exactly. Im done with Wal-Mart. Not because of asking people to not OC but because they give money to the anti gunners!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I think he is making a valid point.

I think you are making a valid point.

This is where the roads traveled never seem to cross.

OP. No they could give 2 cents for the onesey twosy business as that will not even register on the radar with them. 1 famil is no serrious loss to them.

There are not enough of us that will stand united because there is a couple of dollars to be saved here and there. I see gun owners tripping over $5 bills in pursuit of quarters. Until we get past that mindset there will be no united front.

Some familys are on very tight budgets. These savings might mean more food in the pantry or a better variety of food. Wally knows this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think he is making a valid point.

I think you are making a valid point.

This is where the roads traveled never seem to cross.

OP. No they could give 2 cents for the onesey twosy business as that will not even register on the radar with them. 1 famil is no serrious loss to them.

There are not enough of us that will stand united because there is a couple of dollars to be saved here and there. I see gun owners tripping over $5 bills in pursuit of quarters. Until we get past that mindset there will be no united front.

Some familys are on very tight budgets. These savings might mean more food in the pantry or a better variety of food. Wally knows this.

The problem is, it's Walmart. "No problem, I'll go to Kroger for groceries, and online or my LGS for ammo." Then Kroger joins in, and it's "No problem, I'll go to Meijer." Next, "No problem, I'll go to Aldi." It's a domino effect of "boycotts". How far down the chain are you willing to chase this? You think people from Indy are going to drive down to "Mom and Pop's Grocery" located out in BFE for a small selection (because M&PG can't afford to stock all the variety that (*insert name of whomever we're boycotting now*))?

So we go to online delivery services, using our Apple (leftist) and Android (Google - leftist) devices or our laptops, using parts made in China... Whatcha gonna do?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The problem is, it's Walmart. "No problem, I'll go to Kroger for groceries, and online or my LGS for ammo." Then Kroger joins in, and it's "No problem, I'll go to Meijer." Next, "No problem, I'll go to Aldi." It's a domino effect of "boycotts". How far down the chain are you willing to chase this? You think people from Indy are going to drive down to "Mom and Pop's Grocery" located out in BFE for a small selection (because M&PG can't afford to stock all the variety that (*insert name of whomever we're boycotting now*))?

So we go to online delivery services, using our Apple (leftist) and Android (Google - leftist) devices or our laptops, using parts made in China... Whatcha gonna do?

Bingo.
    I do not like it. Not at all. But we are gonna eat.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you checked what companies actually gave to anti gunners, I doubt you'd be able to buy much of anything.

Certainly the case if we continue to make excuses to not try. Not to mention posting excuses looking for affirmation that it's OK to support the anti-gun companies because anything else might be personally inconvenient.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Add up what you really spend in a Wally mart. People didn't believe that I used to spend 1200.00 a year there on dog food alone. But it's true. It doesn't take near as many people as you might think to make them question the courage of their "convictions."

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Add up what you really spend in a Wally mart. People didn't believe that I used to spend 1200.00 a year there on dog food alone. But it's true. It doesn't take near as many people as you might think to make them question the courage of their "convictions."

Believe it or not I actually went and did that it was easy enough since all of our purchases go in the debit card. For One week I had spent $23.00 there during the course of the week for Propel, bottled water, Greek style flat bread. This was usually done during the course of the work week through out the day. Covering a remote area often Walmart's are often the only thing around. It would usually go in to use the restroom, take 5 minutes grab a few things low and behold $20.00 spent.

Last week dug out the Coleman made in the USA 2 quart jug filled with Ice water for the day, grabbed a packet of tuna for lunch with My Home made Flat Bread. Result no need to shop at Walmart although I continue to stop in through out the day to use the rest room, so at this point I would guess I am a zero gain window shopper for them?

Like I have said my $'s Walmart will not miss but it will make me feel better.

Top Bottom