• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Man, he was 75. That's 34 when their first album came out. RIP.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Wow, I really liked The Cars. Eddie Money, too.

Then there's Keith Richards. That dude has smoked, injected, drank, and snorted every addictive and poisonous substance known to man, including his own Dad's ashes, and he just keeps going!

Best Onion headline ever: "Keith Richard's Housekeeper has Prepared Herself for Finding a Dead Body Every Day for the Last 30 Years."

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    as i said on the eddie money thread, we the people of earth would gladly trade all the back street boy to have eddie money back, and now how about we give up the back street boys, Justin beiber, the new kids, and what ever that british boy bands name is go get back both eddie and ric back...I think that's a fair trade!!!!!

now remember, bad things come in 3's....whos next?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    RIP

The Cars self titled debut album was the one of the first CDs I bought when I was young. I remember buying it and ACDC's High Voltage album as my first purchase, not sure which the cashier scanned first. Probably only 10 years old when I bought them.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    as i said on the eddie money thread, we the people of earth would gladly trade all the back street boy to have eddie money back, and now how about we give up the back street boys, Justin beiber, the new kids, and what ever that british boy bands name is go get back both eddie and ric back...I think that's a fair trade!!!!!

now remember, bad things come in 3's....whos next?

Why can't all musicians coexist, regardless of our personal tastes? Why does it have to be suggested that some die so that others can live? Trading live musicians for dead ones--I know that you're not serious (I think), but Jesus, who would even think of such a thing?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think it's an era and genre thing.

Rock n Roll started around the time I was born and has pretty much been eclipsed by new styles of music.

Yeah, I'll take one Eddie Vedder for any number of rappers or Eilishes or Swifts.

"Drive" is one of my permanent playlist songs.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Sorry to hear about this. I liked the Cars way back when. In addition, he was married to Paulina Poriskova who was pretty hot back then. Not sure if they're still married.

Frank

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Remember well dancing the night away when they came Houston. Almost married that girl.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    This blows!
    Everytime I hear a cars song it brings back high school memories of cruising around in my '76 Valiant blasting "my best friends girl friend "

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This blows!
    Everytime I hear a cars song it brings back high school memories of cruising around in my '76 Valiant blasting "my best friends girl friend "
    On 8-Track?? Rhetorical question, of course it was 8-Track.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    No,actually stock was an am radio that I pulled out my junior yr and put in a fancy am/FM/ cassette player.
    The 8 track was in my buddy's Aspen wagon, that was about 35 yrs ago. He had 1 8 track, it was Billy Idol white wedding. To this day I have a hard time listening to Billy Idol.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No,actually stock was an am radio that I pulled out my junior yr and put in a fancy am/FM/ cassette player.
    The 8 track was in my buddy's Aspen wagon, that was about 35 yrs ago. He had 1 8 track, it was Billy Idol white wedding. To this day I have a hard time listening to Billy Idol.

I'm concerned about your friend. If he had one 8-Track it should have been Bob Seger Live Bullet, AC/DC Back in Black, Boston's self-titled debut, or Lynyrd Skynyrd One More From the Road.

Top Bottom