• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Who do you miss?

What I hate is when you already mourned for an actor you thought died liked years before... then you see news that they just died recently. And you're like, now I'm sad.........again. This has happened to my several times now.

Now for me, when actors commit suicide, I don't get sad. I get extremely angry. I feel they don't deserve my respect after doing that to themselves.

There's only one actor that committed suicide that I truly miss. And being that he was absolutely insane and knowing his history a bit, I'm just not sure some of the things he did were really his control. But being crazy is what also made him incredibly good at what he did.

Robin Williams
    I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. Once in the 80s was in the Marylin Monroe House used and owned by the Comedy Store to keep their guest comedians while they're in town. Unfortunately Pauly Shore's mommy owns the club so Pauly is always there among all his entourage at the time. Nobody likes Pauly but they loved his mommy's money.

Robin and Sam Kinison and a hand full of unknowns were snorting lines from a mound of coke on the table as large as a football. Not really uncommon in LA during the 80s in the entertainment industry. I kept thinking that out of all the comedians out there, these two were natural spastics and coke is the last thing they needed.

He was always "ON" and I don't think he knew how to turn off. From what I understand he definitely had issues that were haunting him not to mention Parkinson's disease and whatever else he had going. I'm sure the drugs were just a means to escape his own mind for a while.

I just came across this vid by accident...
    [video=youtube;qzv6EhE7Cbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzv6EhE7Cbo[/video]

What Dead Actors do you miss and why.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't think of any offhand, but Robin Williams has to be close to the top of the list. I liked him in Mork and Mindy, and followed him through his movie career. Such a talented mind, whether it was comedy or drama. He was a chameleon. "The Fisher King" was probably one of my favorites of his films, and of course "Patch Adams" and "The World According to Garp".

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well, one we just lost, Burt Reynolds, I loved Burt. Smokey and the Bandit is one of my all time favorites.

Several from back in the day, Steve McQueen, Jimmy Stewart, Burt Lancaster and Dean Martin.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well, one we just lost, Burt Reynolds, I loved Burt. Smokey and the Bandit is one of my all time favorites.

Several from back in the day, Steve McQueen, Jimmy Stewart, Burt Lancaster and Dean Martin.

Burt Reynolds was really something.
    Boy could he be funny. I think it was the Smokey and the Bandit movies that started the idea of "Credit Teasers" or "Post-Credits Scene" . Most people would just leave. My family would usually stay until the credits are over just out of respect for the show and we know a few stunt guys we try to look for. Burt's movies had their bloopers running during the credits. We all thought that was great. I believe they also did it for all the Cannonball Run movies as well.

Now days a bunch of films have mutable post-credit teasers so it does at least keep people watching all the way through.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Jimmy Stewart was the one that really made me sad when he went. He was one of my dads favorites, so I grew up watching his movies. Jimmy always seemed so genuine, no matter what role he was playing, and he was a pretty cool guy in real life, too. My dad has been gone for 40 years, and he had a lot in common with guys like Jimmy Stewart (same generation), so I guess that’s why I’ve always been a Stewart fan.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Some actors have created their characters over their career. Guys like John Wayne played John Wayne and it's what people still want to see. Plenty of actors like that but I think he was the most popular at being the character. My son tells me that not being a versatile actor, but if it's a character type that people want to see you will always have work.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Robert Preston. The Music Man, S.O.B. and Victor Victoria. The world got a little darker with his passing.

This is a great pick I totally forgot, Robert Preston was fantastic. The Music Man easily in my top 10 favorite movies, maybe top five. When I was little The Last Starfigher came out. I was thrilled because it had Harold Hill in it.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    William Powell.
    Somehow the guy is linked in my mind with Robert Heinlein protagonists. Perhaps it's the banter between characters when he was around.
    I don't know, just know I've loved his films.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK...
    I don't remember hearing that Harvey Korman died. Aaugh!

This explains why I haven't seen him for a while. Dammit! :(

Top Bottom