• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

The M4 is really expensive and for my use, won't do anything that several other self-loaders won't do as well or better. And my Stoeger M2000 has a 9.5 inch LOP to accommodate my T-Rex arms!

Given that, the guy with the 12 ga is usually the one who dictates the topic of conversation in such situations. If it happened as reported, that was an impressive bit of work. I'm curious if the guy either shoots IPSC shotgun in the UK or was trained by someone who does.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I agree the benelli is very expensive and I personally do not own one and cant justify the expense of owning one. I guess my point was any reliable auto loader seems like a great man stopper. Others would argue pump is the way but in a high stress situation I'd personally feel better with an auto loader. What I would like to know is what ammo was he using.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Do they make left and right handed so's you can duct tape them together?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree the benelli is very expensive and I personally do not own one and cant justify the expense of owning one. I guess my point was any reliable auto loader seems like a great man stopper. Others would argue pump is the way but in a high stress situation I'd personally feel better with an auto loader. What I would like to know is what ammo was he using.

Agreed. Once you have a self-loader and ammunition that functions well, I believe that malfunctions are actually less likely than with a pump gun under stress for anyone who doesn't practice with their pump a LOT. I've seen a significant number of people who have "never" short stroked their 870 or 500A or 590 or 1300 . . . until they're under a little stress in training or a 3-gun match.

In my case, the combination of my T-Rex/toddler arms plus jacked-up shoulders from multiple injuries, the self-loader is the way to go. Given that, I really like my little 870 20ga youth model.

By the way . . . have any of you seen "John Wick 3: Parabellum"? Holy crap! Keanu Reeves does some seriously slick quad loading of his Benelli (I think it's an M2 or M3 S90). Not only has that never been seen in a real movie, but he did it really, really well. Holy crap! Most 3-gunners can't do it anywhere near that well, granted he had the benefit of doing it until he hit it just right for the movie, but it was still impressive. His shooting skills are very good, but that quad loading is at another level.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers

I really like mine, but almost NOTHING is stock. Extended titanium mag tube, mepro night sights, aimpoint t1 in low larue mount, mil spec top rail and detachable side carrier, titanium charging handle, oversized bolt release, oversized safety, anodized follower, surefire railed forearm, qd single point sling attachment, mesa shortened LOP stock, that might be it,...?

Its as reliable as it gets and it makes a cool turkey gun, but it was too pricey admittedly.

Top Bottom