• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I'm told they're allowed to have buggy stereos in most communities with 8 track tape...but not CD players as that's too modern....

What do you mean that's not true.....

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Quite a few have stereo systems. Some of the houses have generators. The power doesn't come from the outside world, so it's okay. Same with batteries. I know of one house in Ohio that has an outhouse with a phone cable. The cable isn't going into the house, so it's okay. There's ways around all rules.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I know a guy. No, don't go there.
    I know a guy who has a shelter house full of freezers. 2 family's would rent one freezer.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My favorite is the log cabin shed on shared property line with "English" neighbor that houses phone and/or freezer with utility bill paid by English and reimbursed by Amish.

That seems overly complicated, many of the Amish in southern Indiana just have the electricity hooked up to the barn/shed on their own property and pay their bills with their smart phones.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    There are different "sects" with different "rules".

Big deal.

Local bishops make the rules. So are very permissive, some not so much.

My Amish neighbor has a state of the art cabinet shop complete with CNC routers, phone line, and internet service. Oh, and a $60K bass boat that he finds Englishmen to tow to the lake for him.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That seems overly complicated, many of the Amish in southern Indiana just have the electricity hooked up to the barn/shed on their own property and pay their bills with their smart phones.

This.

I live in Amish country and I have several Amish friends. One of them has a electric run through his house, a water bed and a man cave off the side of one of his barns with a big screen TV where the family watches Bears games every Sunday after church.

Every one of them I know has a cell phone.

omegahunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2019
    Daviess County
    Quite a few have stereo systems. Some of the houses have generators. The power doesn't come from the outside world, so it's okay. Same with batteries. I know of one house in Ohio that has an outhouse with a phone cable. The cable isn't going into the house, so it's okay. There's ways around all rules.

Bingo! Same around here.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico

Around here they all have cell phones. It’s ok since there is no wire connecting it to the world. Ironically, lots more bad stuff on cell phones than you’d ever get on a landline. We have Amish, Mennonite, and Baptists!!!!

Top Bottom